If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Regional Recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting (end to end recruitment). S/he is responsible for understanding proposals and project start up recruitment needs, developing of recruiting plans tools and innovative sourcing strategies to leverage diverse high caliber candidates, pre-screen candidates to assess their qualifications through a combination of behavioral and competency based interviewing, monitor requisition status to ensure an efficient recruitment process. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in leading searches for a wide range of global positions, including for U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) projects. S/he will work closely work with Senior Proposal Recruiter and the Regional HR Business Partner. This position will be based either in Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania.
- Recruitment ( 55%)
- Recruit international and Third Country personnel for proposals and programs;
- Source candidates in alignment with proposal personnel qualifications, donor regulations, and organizational team structure.
- Support/improve processes for strong recruitment to include developing job descriptions, creating job announcements, networking, screening and interviewing candidates when needed.
- Follow and promote understanding of best practices, regulations and policies related to recruitment and employment.
- Assist with development and implement international recruitment best practices; ensure proactive and continual networking efforts to maintain a pipeline of qualified talent.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and updates as needed the proposal recruitment manual outlining processes, policies, and best practices.
- Assist with the design of organizational charts and advise on team structure based on proposal objectives, budget, and personnel qualifications.
- Serve as administrator for recruitment websites and manage the applicant tracking system (Ultipro) to house and track candidate CVs.
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media etc.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Develop pipeline of talent, specifically for frequently filled positions as well as hard to fill locations.
- Provide consultation and training to hiring managers in regards to recruitment and selection processes as well as interviewing
- Provide initial screening of applicant pools, as well as phone screens or interviews where applicable.
- Prepare postings: work with hiring manager to determine pre-screening questions, where advertising would occur to provide diverse applicant pool
- Hiring process (20%)
- Ensure hiring process is effective and efficient for the new employee and hiring managers by reviewing background checks, preparing offer letters in a timely manner.
- Responding to candidates not selected.
- Coordinate New Hire orientation with the on boarding manager .
- Negotiate salaries with candidates based on available salary scale criteria.
- Networking (15%)
- Develop applicant sources by networking and creating a presence in the Region through participation in professional association meetings etc.
- Develop and maintain rapport with colleges, employment agencies, other recruiters, and professional organizations.
- Establish networks with Key International NGOs at the national and international level to keep update with external environment
- Develop and maintain network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates,
- Identify appropriate outreach opportunities and represent IntraHealth at career fairs, professional conferences and networking events.
- Recruitment Metrics and information Management ( 10%)
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports/metrics.
- Develop and maintain good recruitment records and maintain quarterly tracking sheets;
- Ensuring security and restricted access to personnel records and information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or similar field from an accredited university OR equivalent combination of education and 4 years of experience of full cycle recruiting preferably with proposal recruiting experience in International development, contract based environment.Experience and success in identifying/hiring technical experts in a variety of sectors;
- Experience recruiting for USAID and other donor-funded projects preferred;
- Experience using behavioral and situational interviewing techniques;
- Experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
- Experience with recruiting software.
- Experience with Social Media (Facebook, Linked-In, Twitter, etc.)
- Understanding of local and assigned country’s Labor laws, Company Act, NGO Act and other relevant laws.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, French and fluency in local languages; other languages strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop flexible and solution-oriented alternatives, make timely decisions, exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Ability to be a team player and work in a collegial manner;
- Ability manage self and work independently;
- Ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with a wide range of management styles within the Region and build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and appropriately gather and analyze information.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiencies, including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management.
- Ability to travel 25% to assigned countries for HR initiatives within two (2) weeks notice.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 year(s): Experience recruiting across countries and hiring global positions.
- 1 - 2 year(s): Experience with recruiting software.
- 4 year(s): Experience recruiting for USAID and other donor-funded projects.
- 4 - 6 year(s): Experience of full cycle recruiting preferably with proposal recruiting experience in International development, contract based environment.
- Bachelors or better in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Licenses & Certifications
- Professional in HR
- HR Mgmt
- UltiPro software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- HR / Legal Compliance
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to IntraHealth International career website on recruiting.ultipro.com to apply