Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services.
Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Reporting to: Head of Carrier Sales
Division: Carrier Services.
Role Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Carrier Sales, the MVNO Commercial Manager will be responsible for the revenues, strategy tracking and any changes, commercial engagements and customer relationships with MVNO brands across consumer, ethnic and B2B segments – directly and through MVNE aggregators.
The role holder will be responsible for onboarding and management of MVNO business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting & Analysis
- Responsible for successful on-boarding of the identified MVNO as per the Company governance process.
- Responsible for definition and delivery of interdepartmental KPIs (SLA and other contracts’ deliverables)
- Responsible for billing accuracy, revenue assurance and revenue collection.
- Responsible for management and development of customer relationship.
- Execute MVNO projects within budgets (Revenues & Cost)
- Develop & define pricing & revenue models for MVNOs and MVNEs partners
- Define metrics for periodic review of MVNOs financial and ethical performance
- Understanding the customer segment and providing support in business case development & developing value propositions
- Guide the design of MVNO/MVNE solutions to address business needs and goals.
- Develop & define in conjunction with Revenue Assurance robust governance systems & processes for billing, revenue collection, settlement and reporting between the MVNOs, MVNE & Telkom
- Execute seamless onboarding process for customers end to end covering the quote to bill process
- Develop and maintain guidelines and criteria for vetting of new potential MVNOs
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above in related field. MBA or equivalent post-degree qualifications is highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in Telecom industry, background in Telecom Sales/Product/Operations in Carrier/Wholesale/Enterprise business
- Excellent skills in business analysis, and business case formulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to develop relationships and formerly present findings and recommendations at executive and C-level
- Results orientated, proactive, self-motivated, attention to details and a good team-player
- Strong commercial and contractual negotiator with considerable experience managing external relationships within the Wholesale / MVNO / Technology sector
- Experience of running engaging workshops that engage mid/senior level customer staff.
- Ability to operate effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
go to method of application »
Reporting to: Senior Manager Mobile Financial Services
Department: Technology Division
About This Role: We are seeking an individual who is dynamic by nature and passionate about people with a track record of delivering results to join our Technology team. The incumbent will be responsible for the administration and support of services within MFS. This is a key role in the overall execution of the Technology strategy and will require an individual with excellent communication and analytical skills.
What You Will Do
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues users encounter.
- Manage configuration and operation of software applications within Mobile Financial Services domain.
- Automation of complex, manual and error-prone processes.
- Monitor the daily performance of services/applications and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Manage application, database and network systems to ensure high availability and quality of services.
- New requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation.
- Provide proactive and reactive data, application and hardware management support.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Work with various teams to prepare a technology roadmap and be responsible for delivery of the same.
- Manage vendors to ensure delivery of product & service quality.
- Onboard and support integration partners in a bid to build a digital payments ecosystem.
- Report on project status, and service performance regularly.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
Requirements for the job
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related technical field from accredited university.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry
- Proven working experience as a system administrator on Unix/Linux.
- Proven working experience as a network administrator (Cisco certification).
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications (Oracle, MYSQL, POSTGRESSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB).
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Excellent communication skills.
Method of Application
Application should be sent by latest 23rd October 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.