We are Apex Porter Novelli, a full-service public relations and strategic communications agency that has been in business since 1999.
Everything we do at APN is designed to achieve one goal: to transform the opinions, beliefs and behaviours of those who matter most to our clients. We make this happen through a consistent and systematic approach that pairs a deep, data driven understanding of what makes people think and act the way they do with sophisticated metrics that enable us to identify, monitor, manage and engage the audiences that matter most to our clients.
The results are public relations and communications campaigns (case studies) that have not only delivered real business results for our clients but have made real difference in the lives of those who matter most to our clients.
Our commitment to excellence and industry best practice is reflected in the quality of awards that the work of our clients has received. There are few agencies in Africa that can match the number of prestigious industry awards won in the recent past—three Sabre Awards including the inaugural Global SABRE in 2011, three coveted Golden World Awards from the International Public Relations Association including the Frontline Award, Grand Award from the United Nations in New York in 2010 and several national Public Relations Society of Kenya Awards.
We are a full brand network partner of Porter Novelli (www.porternovelli.com) which gives us access to one of the largest communications networks in the world and a host of world-class, industry-leading tools. This means that our clients receive the best of class service.
- Be able to build partnerships and strategic working relationships,
- Build and manage a high-performance team,
- Excellent strategic planning and organizational ability,
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; strong flair in written and oral presentations
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Creative Designs & Event Organization
- Minimum of 7 years’ solid experience in the relevant field with at least 3 years in a managerial level
- A solution-oriented individual committed to driving tangible value in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent emotional intelligence and great interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or any related field
- A related post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Key to shaping clients’ reputation and profile through constant s focus on adding value through evaluation of activities.
- Embeds International best practices through championing constant use of APN Communication
Planning/Client Service tools to meet client contract obligations.
- In consultation with the Senior Account Director measures client satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with client; provides first-stage crisis response, identifies when to seek senior input. Generates greater understanding of PR techniques with client with seamless inclusion of added value digital integration within the agency’s wider PR services
- Champion digital campaigns from plan to live date, delivery of reports and helping generate and relay key insights back to the client to feed back into decisions for future planning.
- Owns day-to-day programme management: planning, coordination and execution of client programmes.
- Demonstrates advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Understands principles of business development (inclusive of growth management, change management).
- Develops expertise in specific field/industry sector.
- Develops and maximizes client relations; positioning APN as strategic partner at all times.
- Proactively builds relationships with key opinion leaders, professional associations and other relevant third-parties.
- Ensures business objectives are achieved through development and management of team members;
- Coordinate and manage capacity within the team for assigned client projects.
- Ensures retention and profitability of existing client base for the company.
- Ensures business objectives achieved through adherence to existing procedures.
- Consistently delivers as per APN Gold Standards.
- Proficiency in using APN Account Management tools.
- The account Lynchpin; – Maintain close and regular client counsel
- Client coaching in advance of any media engagement – i.e. media interviews, etc.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of sector/industry issues pertaining to respective clients
- Conduct client satisfaction reviews and taking remedial measures/flagging feedback
Account management and strategic thinking and planning
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for technical, financial and standards’ aspects of clients’ accounts.
- Reviews the Senior Account Manager’s/Account Managers’ project plans.
- Thinks creatively and globally, generates profitability.
- Identifies client’s business objectives and resulting communication strategies.
- Takes the lead on accounts, provides high-level counsel to client.
- Spearheads new business efforts, assesses and wins new business with support of management.
- Develops and delivers insightful presentations.
- Achieves growth by successfully converting new business or services proposals into revenue.
- Helps develop a strong business ethic within the team.
- Recognizes and identifies new business opportunities existing and potential clients.
- Understands fundamentals of leadership and motivation and applies to team.
- Conducts performance reviews, effectively develops and retains staff.
- Shares knowledge, coaches and mentors AAE’s, AE’s, SAE’s, AM’s and SAM’s.
- Conducts resource and capacity planning within the team.
- Conducts interviews within the recruitment process.
Method of Application
If you believe you possess the above skills and experience and ready to execute the above mentioned tasks, kindly answer the below questions and send your answers, updated CV and details of 3 referees to email@example.com by 12:00noon Monday 10th December 2018 with the subject heading ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
- Do you prefer working alone or as part of a team? Why?
- Describe the type of work environment in which you are most productive.
- How do you prefer to get feedback from your Line Manager: through formal performance reviews or daily/weekly meetings? Why?
- What do you hope to achieve during your first six months if given the role?
- What would make you quit a job in the first month?
- What would you say or do to motivate your team during a challenging project/task?
- What were the most positive aspects of the last job you held?
- Have you ever found a company policy unfair or inefficient? If so, what was the policy and why?
- What did you do or what would you do, in this case?
- How would you change an institutional “this is how we always do it” attitude, if you felt there was a better approach?
- How would you take feedback from your juniors?