Kenyan Network of Cancer Organizations is the national umbrella body of cancer NGOs, CBOs and patients’ groups with a membership of over 25 organizations all united against cancer.
Under the guidance of the Kenyan Network of Cancer Organizations (KENCO) Board of Directors and reporting to the Board chairperson; the Executive Director is expected to provide overall leadership to the KENCO.
Strategic Leadership; Institutional Management; Resource mobilization
The key result areas include, but not limited to:
- Resource mobilization and grant writing
- Program planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Key Liaison with Government agencies, donors, media and related partners.
- Human resource management and day to day operational leadership
- Fiscal management
- Development of relevant organizational documents, policies, and processes
- Implementation of the KENCO strategic plan 2018/2022
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or any health discipline or Social Sciences with additional qualifications in Program Management. An MBA will be an added advantage
- A minimum 5 years of experience providing senior leadership in designing and executing strategic advocacy or fundraising programs in healthcare, preferably in NGO setting
- Experience working with civil society. Prior experience in Cancer or NCDs control is an added advantage
- Excellent analytical and assessment ability, writing, editorial and advocacy skills
- Report, policy and proposal writing experience
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and partnership development capability
- Extensive Knowledge of the healthcare landscape in Kenya
- Basic knowledge of financial management systems for nonprofit organizations including legal and tax compliance
- Proficient in computer skills: MS Office and Social Media
- Excellent oral and written communication, and experience with donor requirements for report writin
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administrative Officer will perform a wide range of Finance and Administrative duties including but not limited to:
- Keeping records of financial transactions and making monthly reconciliations.
- Ensuring timely payment of various statutory deductions and other bills.
- Assisting both internal and external auditors by providing information and documentation needed during audit exercises.
- Ensuring organization’s compliance with the relevant statutory requirements.
- Making timely returns.
- Ensuring KENCO’s financial and procurement policies are followed in the conduct of all business.
- Facilitating efficient operations of the organization.
- Providing support to the Executive Director and Program Officers in the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree in Business studies and or administration and a minimum certification of CPA section I or its equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience preferably in NGO environment
- Proficiency in MS office and Quick Books
- Technology savvy in the use of accounting software; managing relationships with software vendors, knowledge of accounting and reporting in electronic systems.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to user friendly financial statements, for users of financial data at different levels and for different functions within the organization.
- A track record in grants management.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
Method of Application
If you meet the minimum requirements, send your application and resume to email@example.com . Closing date: 17th December 2018. Your application should include a day time telephone number, current and expected remuneration and benefits, and 3 professional referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.