If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenyan Network of Cancer Organizations is the national umbrella body of cancer NGOs, CBOs and patients’ groups with a membership of over 25 organizations all united against cancer.
Under the guidance of the Kenyan Network of Cancer Organizations (KENCO) Board of Directors and reporting to the Board chairperson; the Executive Director is expected to provide overall leadership to the KENCO.
Strategic Leadership; Institutional Management; Resource mobilization
The key result areas include, but not limited to:
- Resource mobilization and grant writing
- Program planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Key Liaison with Government agencies, donors, media and related partners.
- Human resource management and day to day operational leadership
- Fiscal management
- Development of relevant organizational documents, policies, and processes
- Implementation of the KENCO strategic plan 2018/2022
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or any health discipline or Social Sciences with additional qualifications in Program Management. An MBA will be an added advantage
- A minimum 5 years of experience providing senior leadership in designing and executing strategic advocacy or fundraising programs in healthcare, preferably in NGO setting
- Experience working with civil society. Prior experience in Cancer or NCDs control is an added advantage
- Excellent analytical and assessment ability, writing, editorial and advocacy skills
- Report, policy and proposal writing experience
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and partnership development capability
- Extensive Knowledge of the healthcare landscape in Kenya
- Basic knowledge of financial management systems for nonprofit organizations including legal and tax compliance
- Proficient in computer skills: MS Office and Social Media
- Excellent oral and written communication, and experience with donor requirements for report writin
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administrative Officer will perform a wide range of Finance and Administrative duties including but not limited to:
- Keeping records of financial transactions and making monthly reconciliations.
- Ensuring timely payment of various statutory deductions and other bills.
- Assisting both internal and external auditors by providing information and documentation needed during audit exercises.
- Ensuring organization’s compliance with the relevant statutory requirements.
- Making timely returns.
- Ensuring KENCO’s financial and procurement policies are followed in the conduct of all business.
- Facilitating efficient operations of the organization.
- Providing support to the Executive Director and Program Officers in the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree in Business studies and or administration and a minimum certification of CPA section I or its equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience preferably in NGO environment
- Proficiency in MS office and Quick Books
- Technology savvy in the use of accounting software; managing relationships with software vendors, knowledge of accounting and reporting in electronic systems.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to user friendly financial statements, for users of financial data at different levels and for different functions within the organization.
- A track record in grants management.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
Method of Application
If you meet the minimum requirements, send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date: 17th December 2018. Your application should include a day time telephone number, current and expected remuneration and benefits, and 3 professional referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.