If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
M4ID is a social impact company with a mission to improve the development and health outcomes of underserved and vulnerable populations. M4ID provides human-centred design and creative communication solutions for global development and health challenges.
Reports to: Creative Director
Travel: 90% Kenya, 10% International
The formnigani project supports family planning advocacy work using creative communication. In Phase 1, the voices of young Kenyans in favour of family planning were magnified using creative influencers to support the work of advocacy groups.
Phase 2 will be implemented in even closer and deeper cooperation with selected advocacy groups. The programmatic areas will include Future Think Tanks created with grassroots communities, a Future Kenya Debate program created together with two universities, and original #formningani content created together with Kenyan creative influencers.
The Visual Creative will be one of three positions that M4ID will have in Nairobi starting in 2019. The project team will work together on the #formnigani project as well other M4ID projects in East-Africa.
The Visual Creative is responsible for supporting M4ID projects in East Africa, with a primary focus on leading the visual brand and related materials for Phase 2 of the #formnigani project which will be focused on Nairobi, Bungoma and one third county. This includes creating the visual assets across online and print, as well as playing a key role in the concept development across all programmatic areas.
- Creative Strategy & Concept Development
- Lead the project branding and visual development including presentation, reporting, and social media templates
- Serve as a core team member in the creative concept ideation and development across:
- formnigani Future Kenya Think Tanks (Nairobi and Bungoma)
- formnigani Kenya University Debate Program (Nairobi and Bungoma)
- formnigani creative influencer program/content (Nairobi, Bungoma, +TBD)
- Creative Research
- Assist and be an active participant in the co-design sessions in Kenya with communities, Universities, and creative influencers
- Work from message testing, to co-design, to concept testing and finalising in field work; specifically, create the design research tools, iterate in the field, and work toward a clear pathway toward solutions
- Visual Design
- Lead the development of the creative visual image established in #fng1
- Create all of the visual materials such as the brand, reports, social media content, workshop tools, event materials, promotional materials, etc.
- Work with TBD creative influencers to guide their creative solutions
- In addition, the Employee shall do additional related tasks as from time to time directed by the Employer.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years experience in graphic design across diverse applications and visual materials
- 5+ years experience of working with social impact programs
- 5+ years experience in design research including fieldwork such as tool development, prototyping, testing, workshops and rapid iteration of visual assets
- Portfolio must include work on creative programmatic campaigns that spans events, social media, print, and merchandise
- Proven ability to work across creative teams, with creative influencers, and other diverse groups
- Good interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet demanding deadlines
- Commitment to social change and M4ID’s development and health mission
- Ability to create trusting relations with co-workers
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Fluent oral and written English, Swahili and Sheng language skills
This is a Nairobi-based contract position from February 2019 – March 2020.
Method of Application
To apply please send your CV, short cover letter and few work examples to email@example.com with title “Visual Creative Nairobi” by 19th December 2018.