Lan-x Africa Limited opened its doors for business on March 1st, 2004, therefore, bringing you an experience of more than 12 years (as a company) with employee total years of experience running above 100 years!
Our client, the leading evangelical Christian savings and credit co-operative society in Kenya is looking for a competent individual to join their team as an Account Assistant.
- Receiving, authenticating and posting cheques and banking slips.
- Managing and posting petty cash and ensuring all documents are updated, accurate and complete.
- Handling, writing and banking cheques.
- Processing Invoices, payments, requests for payment as per procedure.
- Updating members’ standing orders, direct debits, and any other form of remittances.
- Producing relevant reports in respect to member accounts details.
- Undertaking reconciliations of various Society accounts.
- Ensuring accuracy, completeness and integrity of cash operations.
- Undertaking control accounts reconciliations.
- Timely and accurate filing of the company’s statutory obligations i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF & HELB on a monthly basis.
- Degree/ Diploma in Accounts, Finance
- KCSE C or its equivalent.
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA II) or its equivalent.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- 2 years relevant experience.
- Ability to multitask and beat deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, punctual and a team player
- Responsible, flexible and adaptable.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and grow;
go to method of application »
Our client, the leading evangelical Christian savings and credit co-operative society in Kenya is looking for competent individuals to join their team as the next Assistant Credit Officer.
Reports to: Credit Officer
- Capture loan applications in the system.
- Analyse applicants' financial status, credit status and undertake relevant evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, financial statements, guarantors’ information, loan security documents and other financial information.
- Evaluate and advice on client’s ability to pay based on analysis of their finances.
- Obtain credit information from credit institutions and references.
- Undertake business and home visits to validate applications where need arises
- Ensure timely recovery of all disbursed loans.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Ensure that all loan securities/collaterals are perfected, insured and intact.
- Analyse, advice and assist in the recovery of defaulted loans.
- Prepare and submit timely reports and information for decision making.
Job Requirements and Key Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Co-operative Management/Credit Management/Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance) OR Diploma in Co-operative Management and CPA II
- Computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- Knowledge in Co-operative and Credit related laws
- A good understanding of Sacco/Microfinance operations
- Team player
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Confident and assertive demeanour
- High degree of accuracy and attentive to details
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Good communication and customer care skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 12th December 2018