- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opportunities at AutoXpress Limited
Posted on: 9 January, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Sales / Marketing / Retail
View All Jobs at AutoXpress Ltd
AutoXpress Limited is Kenya’s leading supplier of Tires, Wheels, Batteries, Suspension Parts, and Alignment and Balancing Services with an existing countrywide network of 40 branches. We represent world-class brands extending superior service to our customers with an identifiable difference. As we expand our network, we are looking to recruit a dynamic Accounting Officer I (Kenya). Details of the position are outlined below in brief.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant and the Chief Finance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for producing timely reports including but not limited to Bank Reconciliations, Branch-wise Reports and Management Reports to aid decision making.
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the below:
- Be involved in posting various entries into the system
- Carry out bank reconciliations for various bank accounts
- Carry out reconciliations of revenue collection control accounts
- Maintain and update various expense and balance sheet schedules
- Prepare various internal reports on a daily, monthly and periodic basis within defined reporting deadlines
- Prepare various reports required by stakeholders on a monthly basis
- Carry out periodic updates of expected outturns of the financial performance of the company
- Be involved in and support the annual budgeting process
- Be involved and provide support in the annual audit
- In charge of financial record keeping and annual audit for related companies
- Provide support to the regional accountant as and when required
- Any other duties assigned and stand in as a replacement to the staff within the department as and when required
Qualifications and Experience:
- ACCA/ CPA (K)/ CIMA qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management/ related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience of which at least 2 years should have been in a similar role in a commercial organization
- Working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel would be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of SAP B1 will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You must know how to ride a motor cycle
- High school certificate and automotive technician certificate or diploma
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet all visitors at the branch
- Identify customer needs and match to the products available
- Describe the product features and benefits
- Demonstrate, where practical, the product uses and benefits
- Make suggestions based on customer needs to encourage purchase of products
- Provide information about warranties, manufacturing specifications, care and maintenance of products
- Receive and process cash, cheques and charge/credit payments
- Document and provide cash receipts, invoices and Electronic Tax Receipts as appropriate
- Reconcile all daily sales achieved and the provide the report to the Branch Manager
- Good communication skills
- Customer service Orientation
- Stress tolerance
- High Energy Level
Education and Experience
- Diploma in a business related course with a bias for either hospitality, sales, customer service, administration or supply chain management
- Three years sales or administrative responsibility in a busy retail environment or at least one year in the automotive industry in a similar position
- Well developed presentation skills
- Good verbal communication
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; knowledge of a retail system would be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AutoXpress Ltd career website on docs.google.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AutoXpress LtdSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Powermax General Electrical Merchants Ltd
- Human Resources Manager at Text Book Centre Ltd
- Pharmaceutical Repsentatives at Gap Marketing