The Mater Misericordiae Hospital, a leading Health Care provider is seeking to fill the following positions:
The successful candidate will interact with customers, provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about services offered by the Hospital.
- Maintain and promote an efficient and high quality service to all internal and external clients inclusive of patients, their families, clinicians and members of the general public.
- Log details of all communication faults and updating the Hospitals I.T. department.
- Manage queries forwarded by switchboard/reception/admissions.
- Oversee the update of Main Reception/Patient Accounts and manage any unscheduled admissions or cancellations.
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Advisor on all matters related to Health & Safety.
- Be aware of, and conversant with, the Health and Safety at Work Act and comply with the regulations set down to ensure safety to patients, visitors and colleagues.
- Record all accidents and untoward occurrences according to Hospital policy.
- Attend fire lectures and fire drills in accordance with the law and to be fully aware of the position of fire alarms, emergency equipment and exits.
- Be knowledgeable about the Hospital’s Infection Control Policies, including those that apply to their duties, such as the Hand Hygiene Policy, the Uniform
- Policy and Personal Protective Clothing Policy
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Head of Customer care
- Degree or Diploma in Customer Care or Front Office Operations.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Front Office Operations.
- Must be proficient in computer usage
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to interact with all levels of customers both internally and externally.
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will perform patient admission duties by gathering and recording physician, patient, and payment responsibility information while answering enquiries and providing hospital services information.
- Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians; confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to pre-admissions database.
- Provides patients with information by explaining hospital admission policies, time of admission, room selection, facilities, telephone availability, cell phone restrictions; answering inquiries.
- Secures payments by screening insurance information; identifying patients requiring pre-admission approvals from third-party payers; verifying approvals; notifying patient accounts department of self-paying admissions.
- Greets and receives patients to be admitted by conducting personal interviews; entering demographic and insurance information; confirming pre-admission information; obtaining signatures on legal consents and insurance forms; accepting patient valuables; distributing patient information literature.
- Verifies patient identity by checking identification; preparing and placing identification band on patient. Ensures patient’s arrival to hospital room or testing area by assigning patient beds; notifying nursing unit of patient’s arrival; calling volunteer to transport the patient to the assigned area.
- Admits emergency room and maternity patients by obtaining information from family members; visiting emergency room, delivery room, or patient room.
- Provides information to the public by answering admitting procedure, hospital regulation and service inquiries of patients.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, and local requirements.
- Degree /Diploma in Businesss Administration.
- Diploma in Customer Care
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Must be proficient in computer usage
Method of Application
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application together with a detailed CV, three  referees and include their Telephone contacts and Email address to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us not later than Friday 28th February 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.