Mercado Mexican Kitchen & Bar is our growing baby but we are are branching out into different cuisines. Watch this space to stay updated!
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP, Sage or Tally)
- Qualifications in ACCA
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
go to method of application »
We are looking for a Senior HR Manager to join and lead our Human Resources department.
Senior HR Manager responsibilities include overseeing the recruitment process, designing company policies and setting objectives for the HR team. You will also help shape our employer brand strategy. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with HR technology, including payroll systems and Applicant Tracking Systems.
Ultimately, you will ensure our company attracts, hires, develops and retains qualified employees.
- Set objectives for the HR team and track progress
- Design and implement company policies that promote a healthy work environment
- Develop compensation and benefits plans
- Support and suggest improvements to the entire recruitment process
- Host in-house recruitment events
- Discuss employees’ career development paths with managers
- Monitor HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates and cost-per-hire)
- Review departmental budgets
- Organize learning and development programs
- Ensure HR staff addresses employees’ requests and grievances in a timely manner
- Maintain HR procedures that comply with labor regulations
- Proven work experience as a Senior HR Manager or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Management Software (including payroll systems )
- Solid understanding of labor legislation in Kenya
- Excellent communication abilities
- Leadership skills
- Ability to foster healthy employee relations
- BSc degree in Human Resources Management or Organizational Psychology
go to method of application »
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to order supplies and equipment based on our company’s needs.
Purchasing Assistant responsibilities include researching new vendors, tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates, invoices and discounts.) If you’re familiar with supply chain procedures and know how to create and translate cost analyses, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will make cost-effective purchases and ensure we maintain a fully stocked inventory.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Research potential vendors
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Prepare cost analyses
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Work experience as a Procurement Assistant or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills
- Diploma in Procurement & Purchase or relevant field
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org