Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Plan and deploy resources to ensure cost effective service delivery to meet agreed SLAs.
- Liaise with Properties/facilities users, follow up and arrest defects to ensure maximum properties/facilities availability
- Ensure 3rd party contracted electrical maintenance complies with the scope and service levels agreement and service delivery standards required by internal and 3rd party users are maintained.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- level KCSE certificate with C and above or equivalent qualification.
- Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 3 years relevant experience.
- Ordinary Diploma in electrical Engineering or related discipline with 5 years relevant experience
- Proficiency and experience in Properties/Facilities/Building maintenance, electrical installations, trouble shooting and repairs.
- Technical awareness
- Leadership skill
- Analytical, Attentive to details and Result oriented
- Innovative and objective
- Cost Conscious
- Safety conscious
- Team player with excellent inter personal and communication skills.
- Unquestionable integrity, transparency & accountability
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks without compromising quality & safety.
Location: Embakasi, Nairobi
Reports to: Head of Maintenance/ Engineer as per roster
Will attend Basic Aircraft systems training and attain the LWTR and thereafter be trained on the Q400 aircraft systems. On successful completion of the systems course, he/she will perform OJT on inspection, repair, replacement tasks on aircraft & aircraft systems under the supervision of the maintenance coach in accordance with KCAA and company regulations whilst upholding high safety standards
Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities Of The Apprentice
- Attend classes and maintain an aggregate of 80% in the class examinations
- Register for the Regulator examinations within expected/planned times
- Log all the OJT tasks and have them signed by coach as per procedures
- Achieve the target OJT tasks as stipulated by the AMO procedures.
- Maintain the correct uniform, grooming and safety attire policies at all times
- Perform OJT on scheduled maintenance checks, Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives tasks for timely release of aircraft within planned downtime for continued air worthiness.
- Perform OJT on cabin utilities to enhance utmost customer satisfaction and comfort
- Perform OJT tasks to Identify and requisition required parts
- Report incidents / accident occurrences as per company procedures
- Perform OJT on recording tasks accurately & sign in order to maintain correct & up to date aircraft history /data
- Adhere to the company safety, health and environmental policies
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Diploma in the relevant engineering discipline
- Single LWTR A&P or Avionics will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Aircraft systems
- Previous attachments an added advantage
Location: Embakasi, Nairobi
To ensure that the continuous airworthiness maintenance program of the Jambojet fleet is robustly monitored as guided by the approved maintenance documents and KCAA regulations to deliver a safe and reliable product for the desired growth and service.
- Oversee the maintenance planning function and engineering development function of the contracted AMO, to include and not limited to reliability, aircraft health, engine trend monitoring.
- Ensure that the AMP is amended and all recommended mandatory and reliability maintenance tasks are adhered to support the airworthiness of the Jambojet fleet.
- Oversee Component monitoring, Delivery and redelivery of A/C’s
- Monitor A/C SB’s and AD status and participate in the industry discussions on the best practices for higher reliability performance of the fleet.
- Minimum KCSE Grade of C+,
- Engineering Diploma or Degree in relevant discipline
- 5 years in aircraft production maintenance
- 3 years as planning or development engineer
- 5 years as production engineer
- Demonstrable knowledge in Aircraft systems, Maintenance planning, Reliability monitoring, Aviation legislation and Project management
- Strong customer focus and business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation verbal & written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and manage time effectively
- Have a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Team player, able to work both independently and with people at various levels and from different backgrounds
- Unquestionable integrity, confidentiality and respect
- Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience
- Inspection and troubleshooting technique
- Knowledgeable of KCAA regulations
- Human factors knowledge
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.