Reeds Africa consult (RAC) offers a broad scale of Human resource services designed to provide professional supports for the growing needs of today’s corporate organizations.
Our services includes the entire employee life cycle in an organization from the point of recruitment, training and development, policy development, compliance audits, provision of HR tools to achieve overall business success from the HR perspective.
Reeds Africa consult (RAC) consultants have a combined experience of over 18 years and are very well capable of achieving sustainable, productive performance growth with full compliance as your HR partner of choice
This position will serve as both sales and engineering manager to support green Power Industry Products. Key application areas will include transmission and distribution (T&D) and solar photovoltaic (PV).
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to proposals and projects for due diligence, new technology evaluation, component and system modelling, project proposal evaluation, conceptual design, detailed design, design review, and strategic planning.
- Assist with solar PV design optimization for cost reduction and performance improvement.
- Provide expert consultation on solar PV electrical infrastructure, such as inverters, transformers, trackers, racking, modules, combiner boxes, grounding, switchgear, and SCADA.
- Assist with solar PV conceptual and detailed design, procurement specification, design review, and potentially construction oversight.
- Guide clients through the T&D interconnection processes including identification of potential sites, preparation of applications, assistance with studies, and implementation support through design and construction activities.
- Lead analysis of T&D systems to develop estimates of available capability, identify constraints and identify requirements to mitigate constraints.
- Lead renewable integration assessments and studies to identify impacts of renewable generation additions to T&D systems including assessment of utility/ISO operations requirements and impacts.
- Coordinate power system studies work including system power flow, component modelling, short circuit, overcurrent protective device coordination, dynamic analyses and generation interconnection studies using a variety of computer programs including PSS/E, ETAP, MUST, PSLF, Power World and ASPEN
- Support strategic planning services related to analysis and policies for interconnection, integration, and long-term planning.
- Contribute to business development with key clients including identification of key drivers, scoping, proposal development, and relationship management
- Management of junior staff including supervision, career development, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Proven experience with solar energy projects.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both Thai and English.
- Experience and interest in all renewable energy technologies is key.
- Be able to function equally well in collaborative as well as self-directed independent assignments.
go to method of application »
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruitment - Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Employee & Labour Relations - Guide and advise management and employees, through all aspects of the employee life cycle to include absence management, investigations, discipline, grievance, capability, in accordance with the consistent application of policies and procedures and compliance with employment law and best practice.
- Staff wellness & Welfare – Implementation of company welfare programs and support via trainings, box-talks etc. and in light of company strategy and objectives, develop staff wellness programs to ensure staff are engaged
- HR Strategy - Proactively participate in development of the Annual HR Strategy and active implementation of the objectives set to achieve the company’s annual target.
- HR Administration - Provide management information reports relating to HR for example absence data, staff lists, payroll costs, etc. Work on requests for information, ensuring timely and accurate responses are provided.
- Performance Management – Ensure employee performance management is a continuous and regular face-to-face dialogue that strengthens employee-manager relationships and linking their performance to organizational objectives so that ultimately everyone is focused on the success of the business. This process will identify the company’s up and coming talent, clarify training needs, shape succession plans and help make objective compensation and internal staffing decisions
- Training & Development - Develop a clearly defined strategy and set of objectives that direct and drive all the decisions made especially for training decisions. Co-ordinate learning and development events for staff, as required, and participate in the delivery of events as relevant.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Degree in Human Resource Management (HND in Human Resource Management).
- Professional Accreditation – IHRM.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in HR Officer/ HR Administrator role.
- Knowledge of Labour laws.
- Knowledge of operating activities of FMCG/ Manufacturing industry.
- The candidate must be residing in Mombasa
- Knowledge of Human Resources Systems added advantage. (Payroll, Time Attendance, Staff Database).
- Planning and Time Management.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, with a good foundation in HR theory.
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
Method of Application
All applications should be done on or before close of business 20th June, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Interested and qualified? Go to Reeds Africa Consult career website on www.reedsafricaconsult.com to apply