We currently have more than 120 programs in 20 countries around the world.
Part of this work is focused on preventing blindness and vision loss for millions of vulnerable people through cataract surgery, vision correction, vitamin A supplementation, screening and treatment for diabetic retinopathy, and distribution of treatments and cures for neglected tropical diseases.
The Monitoring, and Evaluation officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research and learning framework of HKI projects. He /she will be responsible in tracking performance of the projects and working with program managers to ensure the project outcomes are achieved. He will provide leadership role in conducting assessments, surveys and research and as well as build capacities of the program staff and relevant stakeholders on all areas related to data and nutrition and health information, and reporting.
Scope of the Position
Designing HKI M&E framework
- Review Kenya strategy to ensure M&E framework is well articulated
- Participate in development of the new projects’ logic frameworks and support in reviewing the existing ones.
- Develop the overall framework, for specific projects’ M&E, this include mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems
- Lead in development of Projects’ Management Framework (PMF) that is aligned with the project’s logic framework
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
- Work closely with program managers in ensuring PMF is updated on monthly basis to inform the program progress and performance
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality and tracking the project progress
- In Liaison with the Program managers and officers, hold regular review meetings to assess the progress against the set targets, and provide recommendations based on internal policies, donor regulations and project timeline
- Support the Program Managers in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Support program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Lead in undertaking Research and assessments.
- Ensures that verifiable, quantitative data analysis is shared with relevant stakeholders to inform program design and review
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Represent HKI at national and/or county level coordination forums.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Strong back ground in public health, or nutrition with a minimum of 5 years of experience in M&E.
- Minimum academic qualification of a degree in Nutrition/health related field with specialization in M&E. Masters in similar field is an added advantage.
- Experienced in representing former/current organization at national and county level coordination forums.
- Excellent team building/working skills, strong personal and interpersonal skills with demonstrated leadership and supervisory excellence.
- Strong Analytical skills with prowess in SMART, ENA, EPI infor, SPSS, SQUEAC/, LQAS etc.
- Good field work skills with good understanding of organization’s project area.