Fairtrade Africa is the independent non-profit umbrella organisation representing all Fairtrade certified producers in Africa. Fairtrade Africa is owned by its members, who are African producer organisations certified against international Fairtrade standards producing traditional export commodities such as coffee, cocoa, tea, cotton, bananas, mango and non-traditional commodities including shea butter and rooibos tea. Currently, the organisation represents over 1,050,000 producers across 33 countries in Africa.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Planning and implementation lead his/her team in identifying producer needs, planning, budgeting and implementation of field level activities and producer services
- Provide administrative and logistical support to his/her team
- Coordinate and support field staff access to logistical requirements for activity implementation
- Prepare draft annual work plans in line with programme or core objectives for approval
- Develop, and or update field activity implementation guidelines based on learnings from implementation and producer needs
- Reporting and Communication
- Lead in preparation of all field level reports on progress of implementation
- Effectively respond to all queries concerning field implementation Ensure effective two-way communication between producer organizations and field staff
- Facilitate joint planning and review with producer organizations and ensure timely gathering and distribution of information to producer organizations
- Regularly make follow ups and collect feedback/information from producer organizations for monitoring & evaluation of services received to inform improvements
- Prepare summaries for the programmer’s annual plans, reports and articles
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Closely monitor programme performance (Financial and programmatic) and propose strategies for continuous improvement
- In close collaboration with the MEL team, support on all monitoring and evaluation related activities
- Monitor capacity building efforts
- Submit high quality narrative and financial reports in accordance with project and organizational requirements (monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually)
- Provide information and data on a timely basis to the Fairtrade Africa MEL function including but not limited to quantitative and qualitative reporting
- Establish and maintain a database of all programme documents and reports area of operation
- Stakeholder and Partners’ Support
- Coordinate field trips for partners and other stakeholders
- In liaison with partnership coordinator increase partnership and networking between producers, government officials, civil society and the private sector
- Accounting Support and Resource Mobilization
- Effectively track field level income and expenses
- Prepare and/or approve budgets for his/her team members’ field activities and workshops
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget report on field level activities
- Support with resource mobilization for concerned programme
- Administrative Support
- Support provide logistical support to the organization for events and workshops
- Represent the FTA at meetings, events/forums, and conferences in and outside the country
- People management
- Works as a technical leader for the programme field team and coordinate team members´ work
- Performance management of direct reportees
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate in Agriculture, Agribusiness management, Rural Development Studies, Business
- Administration, or Business Management or any other related disciplines.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Programme/Project development and Management
- Experience in team management, relationship building, and working with community groups / rural enterprises.
- Ability to develop, implement and assess performance metrics
- Proven record of boosting team performance and employee retention rates
- Knowledge or experience in sustainability standards such as Fairtrade will be desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience in report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional and cultural
- Able to handle varied, demanding and complex tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
- Project Management training will be an added advantage
- Able to juggle competing priorities to meet tight deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fairtrade International career website on www.fairtradeafrica.net to apply