Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
What Is This Job About
This role will enable to Jumia Global Associate Reverse role will handle the below responsibilities.
- To handle E2E reverse items
- Daily maintenance of the Non-Sellable Tracker
- Coordinate with China team on RTAS
- Issue resolution for all RTS
- Follow up on Jumia Global Dropshipping/FBJ
- Check on Jumia Global SLA
- Follow up on shipments from China
- Help with Jumia Global Consignment by tracking of shipments
- Reconciliation of Purchase Order for Jumia Global Consignment
- Issue resolution for FBKJ and Dropshipping
- Maintainance of Jumia Global Consignment and Dropshipping tracker
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Clear communication and reporting capabilities
- Team management and leaderships skills
- 2+ years’ experience in the import business and dealing with customs
- Intermidiate analytical skills
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
What’s this job all about?
Sorting Manager will help define and steer the line-haul strategy for company operations to maximize delivery efficiency, lower costs and ensure best practices
The main challenges are described as below:
- Managing the handover between outbound and Sellers packages received from vendor drop-off and vendor pick-up centers
- Ensuring the timely scan at all the legs and updating in systems for movement as transferable unit
- Designing the pick-ups cut-off times with the 3PL and controlled fleet
- Managing and coordinating for 3PL pick-up as per the cut-off times aligned
- Performance tracking for informing courier account managers for any delay and corrective measures
- Responsible for any mismatch of shipments and all exception handling for shipments in transit and at the network hub
- Ensuring same day shipping for all Jumia Express shipments with 100% adherence
- Training all the partners/ hub for any new / existing processes for smooth operations
- Developing a business case to validate the movement for a new sorting center with capacity estimates and volume projections which can be handled
- Finalizing the property and managing the contract, and any license related requirements
- Formulating all the capex requirements and getting it approved from the top management
- Involved in all the procurement cycle and purchasing of tools and equipment’s for set-up
- Designing the network layout and getting it built as per plan
- Responsible for capacity planning and hiring plan for the new facility
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.