To provide effective IT systems, ensure implementation of IT standards and policies, and provide technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the Foundation. Provide user training on common business applications and use of EGPAF ICT systems.
Support technologies which include but are not limited to: Share point, Inventory system, wired and wireless networks, storage systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows OS, MS Office suites, end user workstations, /laptops and various proprietary and commercial software applications and hardware.
- Provide software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and update operating systems and user applications.
- Proactively schedule software upgrades and patching.
- Ensure that, all software on EGPAF equipment is licensed and keep record of licenses.
- Track license and support contracts to include notification of renewal time frame to ICT management.
- Monitor network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cabled, wireless and other network infrastructure.
- Support existing/new server/s and administer access rights for all users in the field office.
- Maintain local and server based anti-virus software.
- Inform and train users and management in how to adhere to EGPAF global and local security ICT policies.
- Ensure computer is set up prior to new hire start date and any related moves.
- Handle the relocation of computer equipment as a result of office or personnel changes.
- Participation in research and recommendation of improved infrastructure processes and technologies to include growth planning.
- Work with service providers to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Work with ISP and other outside service providers to ensure dependable operations.
- Train new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Maintaining documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Monitor and report ICT expenses.
- Make sure the generator is fully functional as a means of power backup.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Advanced Diploma or Degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems
- At least 4 years relevant work experience in similar field.
- Extensive practical experience in networked environment and support for remote users
- Extensive ability to use and support of standard micro computing applications such as Microsoft OFFICE SUITE.
- Experience in supporting web based applications.
- Knowledge of supporting Windows client and server operating systems.
- Experience working with Messaging systems support, e.g. MS Exchange
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (English and Swahili)
- High quality written & oral communication ability
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Officer:
- Team Building – Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Customer Service – Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
- Decisiveness – Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.