A key position for assisting in the execution of the marketing strategy and running of day-to-day activities for ESET in East Africa and surrounds. A large part of the role will be to continuously market to a large reseller base across Sub-Saharan Africa and particularly in Kenya at the moment. Other activities include driving events, coordination of branding materials, managing our online store, social media updating and reporting and assisting with the management of third party agencies, amongst others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of marketing budget and execution of the plan to deliver marketing strategy, involving weekly discussions with CEO and Channel Manager.
Submission of marketing development fund (MDF) claims to ESET HQ in Bratislava and assisting in reporting on activities to HQ.
Managing third party agencies, namely PR, event and/or digital.
- Ensuring content plans are up to date and followed as per plan
- Assist with PR report creation for ESET every quarter
- Managing day-to-day activities relating to events that need organising
- Managing relationship between agencies and Brand Ambassador
- Managing KPI’s with agencies and ensuring they are delivering
- Managing KPI’s with Brand Ambassador and ensuring they are met
Creation of promotional email campaigns to direct clients and potential resellers.
Creation of weekly and monthly newsletters using Mailchimp to our reseller network.
- Keeping MailChimp email lists up to date with new partners and updates to existing
- Uploading newsletters to our PartnerZone consistently
- Tracking Mailchimp statistics
Managing online campaigns.
- Developing and executing digital strategy to push online store, and managing our online store
- Developing and managing an online reporting structure
Managing day-to-day updates on our social media channels.
- Checking ESET’s blog for the latest news to be pushed out
- Downloading and implementing social media updates from ESET HQ
- Announcements of special promotions or company events
Involvement in execution (calling) of marketing and sales campaigns where applicable.
Keeping our local shared drive up to date with all the latest marketing materials coming from ESET.
Keeping our partner wiki updated with latest marketing materials.
Dealing with day-to-day marketing requests from partners.
- Sending latest materials gathered off ESET’s wiki
- Managing requests for funding from resellers in conjunction with Channel Manager
Assisting Retail with latest designs for POS and retail boxes.
Product marketing and campaigns
- Attending webinars from ESET on the latest updates to products and marketing materials
- Assist with ensuring the team is kept abreast of the latest product version changes to ESET
- Creation of mail campaigns to include any updates on the product to resellers
Ability to write clear and concise blogs on relevant industry themes a plus (research skills required).
Assisting at the helpdesk when no one else is available.
- Understanding the basics of our internal licensing system where partners and clients’ licences are provisioned and sending out quotes (helping sales only when necessary)
- Queries that need assistance or for which answers cannot be determined to be escalated
Perform any reasonable tasks/duties requested by management.
- Excellent telephone and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate basic marketing concepts (an interest in marketing is key)
- Efficient time management and deadline-driven
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team and help the team out in all departments
- Extremely patient and friendly disposition
- Eager and willing to learn and grow is key
- A positive attitude towards work
- Willingness to learn new tools such as MailChimp, Adobe Suite, Survey Monkey amongst others
- Experience with the following tools is advantageous: MailChimp, WordPress, Shopify
- Marketing qualification – relevant degree
- Work experience in the field of marketing, or IT a plus
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Technical writing abilities a plus
- Familiarity with online marketing tools a plus