Oikocredit International has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and well organised individual to join the team based in Nairobi as Regional Operations Officer - Kenya ( full-time, 40 hours).
Oikocredit International is a socially responsible investor dedicated to empowering people globally. Our mission is to provide financial services and support organisations to improve the quality of life of low-income people or communities in a sustainable way. We offer a triple return to our investors: social, environmental and financial. More information about our organisation can be found at: www.oikocredit.coop/jobs/working-for-oikocredit .
The Regional Operations Officer - Kenya is part of the regional team for Africa and reports to the Portfolio Manager Africa.
As Regional Operations Officer based in Kenya, you will provide operational and paralegal support to the regional office. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Filing all the required know your customer and due diligence (KYC and DD) documentation of potential partners, which are collected by investment officers.
- Supporting investment staff who perform the KYC risk assessment of potential partners.
- Liaising with our Legal & Compliance unit for more complex KYC risk assessment cases.
- Giving training on KYC and DD related matters.
- Planning and monitoring the periodic reviews of KYC files and KYC for repeat deals while these assessments are performed by investment officers.
- Overseeing guarantees and releases.
- Supporting the disbursement of loans.
- Supporting efforts to standardise the terms sheets.
- Developing the agenda and writing the minutes of regional credit committee meetings.
- Supporting the collection of documents in problem projects.
Education and experience
The essential requirements for the role are:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience in the financial industry.
- 5 years’ experience with paralegal work in KYC support.
- High computer literacy in general.
- Fluency in English and French (verbal and written).
- Working for a professional international organisation which sets social goals as its priority.
- Meeting sector leaders and gain field experience in impact financing.
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Oikocredit career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply