Africa’s Pocket Business Development Manager, B2B
The business development manager is tasked with supporting business leaders across Africa’s Pocket in achieving their commercial objectives by developing & executing transformative sales strategies for Africa’s Pocket’s Corporate & SME clients.
This means that you will fully own and run with all our corporate engagement, with the main KPI being your ability to build and execute effective strategies that convert to sales. The role involves identifying key decision-makers and partnering with them to extend Africa’s Pocket course to their employees and suppliers.
You will primarily focus on Africa’s Pocket (http://www.africaspocket.com/), an online personal finance course for Millennial and Gen Z consumers. You will be tasked with driving corporate and SME sales of the course. The role has the potential to expand to other products as the company grows.
There are people who focus on creating the product, perfecting it so it's by far the best in the market, and making sure it's available for you as you market and sell. Your role is to make sure their corporate customers know, and are excited about them.
A detailed Job description for the position is as follows;
- Management & Strategy Development
- Devising strategies for driving sales growth across the business; identifying systematic approaches to various industries across Africa
- Developing marketing materials and tools to support new business pitches
- Overseeing the day to day management of the business development activities and providing detailed records and recommendations to support decision making
- Analyzing existing approaches to the development of business and making changes where appropriate
- Identifying sales opportunities among corporates and institutions
- Setting up meetings with prospective customers to sell the company’s products
- Implementing sales incentives to drive sales performance within the team
- Forming strategic partnerships with other companies to leverage their existing networks
- Negotiating sales contracts with customers and ensuring their profitability
- Working closely with the marketing team to convert individual customers into business accounts
- Customer Satisfaction
- Monitoring customer satisfaction with existing clients to ensure service delivery after a purchase is made
- Acting as a key contact for large customer accounts
Desired Candidate Profile
The right applicant would have the following skillset:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 3-5 years’ demonstrable experience in a sales/business development role at a top tier company, experience in the HR/Talent Management/Executive Search industry or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in developing, managing and executing strategy
- Experience working with senior management/executives
- Managed teams and/or external suppliers
- Been responsible for delivering on high-growth projects/teams (high-growth start-up experience is a plus)
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Does this sound like you?
- Hard-working & honest
- Good vibes, able to engage people
- Confident; can command attention in a room
- Hustler/Creative; able to make things happen with minimal resources
- Agile; able to think on your feet and rapidly problem solve