- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Latest Recruitment at Voluntary Service Overseas
Posted on: 2 October, 2019
Deadline: 9 October, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Voluntary Service Overseas
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
- Budget Grants/ management;
- Work closely with programme teams to effectively track grant expenditure and budgets; carrying out BVA, producing regular and special budget reports, budget re-profiling, revised projections and sharing BVA advisory to Programme managers.
- Carry out accurate projects budget/ project cash forecasts to ensure sufficient liquidity at all times; accurately phasing/reforecasting projects budget, help in establishing monthly cash requirements for the field officers/partners and make a timely requests based on the project work plan.
- Coordinating the preparation of projects budgets for both internal and external users, on monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Ensuring that the VSO financial policies and procedures are complied with by all parties, helping in identification of gaps and working with the Head of Operations on how to address the gaps.
- Ensure accurate and timely input of financial data (liquidations) resulting to sound financial reporting and management.
- Manage the donor reporting timetable for the project/program teams and ensure reports are produced in a timely manner.
- Understand the donor rules and regulations and ensure all staff and volunteers are following and complying with donor and VSOK rules for the grants.
- Ensure all institutional funding compliance requirements meet the contractual requirements e.g. donor deadlines are met.
- Support the HoFO in producing high quality monthly management reports for the Country and the Region on needs basis as well as provide advisory on any variances.
- Financial Support and control: -
- Exercise appropriate controls over and authorisation of all liquidations to ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation. Reviewing of accountabilities submitted by volunteers and staff.
- Ensure regular financial monitoring in the field are undertaken and any findings and recommendations are implemented in good time.
- Accountability for financial resources through sound reporting and reconciliation of project reports with sun listing/accounts. Conduct monthly projects budget reconciliation, fund balances reconciliations and project expenditure verification.
- Work with other colleagues to provide support to finance teams in country in financial accounting and management.
- Maintain an organized and effective financial filing system for all Finance documents including; vouchers, soft/hard files for all project reports, grant files and donor correspondences.
- Support staff in developing databases for various purposes such as donor reporting and grants tracking.
- Maintain good relations with external donors by providing narrative and financial reports on a timely basis and in line with donor criteria when necessary.
- Conduct new staff orientation on grant policies, and manuals, run training sessions to ensure that project staff and partners are aware and understand the VSO and donor requirements on grants.
- Upon assignment by HoFO, support projects proposal writing, PTC development and Donor budget mapping.
- Co-ordinate project audits. Work with the HoFO and Financial Accountant in ensuring that all activities, preparations and follow-up with respect to donor audits are done on time.
- Carry our monthly Bank reconciliations.
- Projects accountants supervision and capacity building and matrix review for financial accountant’s work inputs.
- Full-fill other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by the Head of Finance
- Develop monitoring and evaluation systems for the project to analyze and track results in line with the project objectives.
- Lead in the preparation of project work plans and continuously monitor progress against the approved work-plan.
- Lead in organizing monthly, quarterly as well annual project reviews and planning workshops.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and compilation of monthly and quarterly project reports in line with the donor reporting guidelines.
- Responsible for the development of suitable data collection, analysis tools and identification of appropriate methodologies for the project research activities.
- Ensure that findings from all monitoring, assessment and research activities are disseminated to and consortium partners and other relevant stakeholders to improve the project interventions.
- Provide support to the Project Officers in identifying and documenting lessons learned and best practices.
- Support the Project Officers in identifying training and skills needs of consortium partners.
- Responsible for ensuring that the organizational data protection guidelines are adhered to during all monitoring, evaluation and research implementation and dissemination processes.
- Responsible for developing a risk management plan for the project indicating potential risks and mitigation strategies.
- Provide support to the Project Officers in organizing for logistics for project activities that includes preparation of requisitions for materials, equipment, training venues, accommodation etc. as required
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Voluntary Service OverseasSimilar Jobs
- Regional Country Director at Handicap International
- Latest Recruitment at AMREF Kenya
- INTERN – ICT Participatory-Habitat Initiative for Latin America Countries at UN-Habitat
- Business Development Specialist at Catholic Relief Services
- Project Implementation Manager at East African Social Ventures (EASV)
- STA Regional Resilience Director at Mercy Corps
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) at International Centre for Reproductive Health – Kenya (ICRHK)
- Finance Intern at Farm Africa