Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October 2016 and is a successor of Machakos University College. It is located one (1) Km from Machakos Town along the main Machakos – Wote road. The vision of the University is: A preferred University of Excellence in Scholarship and Service Delivery; whereas the Mission of the University is: To Provide scholarly education through Training, Research and Innovation for Industrial and socio-economic transformation of our community.
Machakos University invites applications from candidates who are suitably qualified and experienced with excellent credentials to fill the listed vacant position in the University.
GRADE 14- MKSU/HR/HRD/19
- Operationalizing Human Resource Directorate
- Designing Best Human Resource strategies for staff procurement and retention
- Guiding the University Management Board on the best HR practices
- Implementing and reviewing University’s compensation program.
- Designing and reviewing job descriptions.
- Conducting annual salary surveys.
- Developing, analyzing and updating the University’s salary budget.
- Developing, revising and recommending Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and revising the University’s staff handbook, policies and procedures.
- Overseeing benefits administration.
- Coordinating exit interviews.
- Implementing affirmative Action Programs.
- Maintaining Directorate’s records and reports.
- Overseeing administrative staff meetings.
- Maintaining the University’s directory and other charts.
- Recommending new policies, approaches and procedures to University Management Board
- Communicate to staff any information from the University Management Board.
- Provide secretariat services to the Division’s main committee on a regular basis so as to operationalize the meetings and ensure proper documentation of all deliberations for future reference.
- Coordinate the periodic collection of evidence used in gauging achievement of performance targets within the Directorate for use in decision making on how to enhance performance.
- Identify any training needs among staff members in the Directorate and make necessary
intervention for the same.
- Oversee all employees in the HR Directorate.
- Identify ways to maximize the value of the University’s employees and ensure all Human
Resources are utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Participate in staff disciplinary committees for professional guidance and enforcement of
ethical behavior within the workplace.
- An earned Ph.D. from a recognized university with five (5) years’ experience, three (3) of which in a Senior Administrative position.
- Must have served at the level of lecturer or above if from an academic background.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- CPS (K) or any other relevant professional qualification.
- Must have an earned Master’s degree with ten (10) years Administrative experience, three (3) of which should be at the level of Senior Assistant Registrar Grade 13 or its equivalent.
- A member of a recognized professional administration or management body.
- Must be Computer literate.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit TEN (10) HARD COPIES and ONE (1) SOFT COPY of their application documents (i.e application letter with detailed curriculum vitae, latest payslip, academic and professional certificates-including KCSE/KCE/EACE/KACE/EAACE/KCPE) via EMAIL and addressed to HR. NB: KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A MUST THAT YOU TYPE IN THE REQUIRED INFORMATION IN THE JOB APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE IN THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE, PRINT, SIGN AND ATTACH TO YOUR APPLICATION. Applications should be sent to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Planning and Finance)
P.O BOX 136-90100
so as to reach the office on or before 15th October, 2019. Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer and women, persons with disabilities and those from marginalized regions are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.