APA Insurance Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Apollo Investments Limited (Apollo Group), one of the leading financial groups in East Africa.
Since our founding in 1977, our mission has been to provide present and future peace of mind to the East African market and, in turn, enhance the quality of life for both our clients and their loved ones.
About the Head of Digital Position:
As the Head of Digital, you will be responsible for leading the cultural and technical transformation of the organization. You will work closely with leadership to shape the digital strategy based on a thorough understanding of market trends, technical breakthroughs and customer behavior.
What Opportunities Exist at APA
- Opportunity work in an innovative, dynamic environment with a focus on delivery
- Opportunity to pioneer and drive the digital transformation in financial services in the region
- A chance to work with highly motivated and skilled colleagues
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities with academic and professional sponsorship, mentoring opportunities to accelerate your career
- A balanced career with a focus on wellness and sustainable lifestyle
The specific responsibilities of the Head of Digital include:
- Designing and delivering customer journeys to improve the customer and business experience and ensure consistency and quality of the customer experience
- Develop (and prioritize for delivery) digital products and solutions that deliver on business outcomes for the digital unit.
- Serve as thought leader and trusted business advisor to senior management and various stakeholders
- Working and liaising with Heads of department to transfer skills into the broader organization
- Ensure all digital programs have clearly defined metrics to evaluate success and continuous, measurable improvement
- Keeping track of key developments in the digital space across all industries to continually identify new ideas, tools and trends that could provide opportunities for new developments
- Identifying potential digital startups and companies in the market for partnerships with digital unit
- Budgeting for and enabling teams to experiment and build proof of concepts and projects to generate product ideas.
- Leading by example for teams to create knowledge repositories and external publications of innovative and success stories from organization
As the ideal candidate for this role you have:
- 10+ years of total experience including 7+ years of best-in-class digital experience and knowledge, with a deep understanding of Agile and Design Thinking
- A track record of setting business/brand vision and strategy and bringing this to life digitally
- Experience in large company transformations (typically in the consumer and technology sectors), and the managerial ability to lead and see programs through completion.
- Superior intellect, strategic and tactical thinking ability, combined with a strong business sense to challenge the status-quo.
- Very strong problem-solving skills (analytical skills, creativity and logical thinking) to tackle complex issues; may go beyond application of existing know-how.
- Capability to develop and articulate reliable plans and digital strategies, implement them and link them to functional and business financial plans.
- Great organizational skills, with excellent planning and time management skills and ability to build an environment where the organization and its people learn naturally from experiences and look for ways to apply their learning to benefit the organization.
- Proven success in leading, coaching and developing teams in a collaborative way and ability to effectively influence people of all levels in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to coach Product owner and Squad teams to think as a customer, to anticipate new customer needs and to further develop the range of services to the mutual benefit of both
- Experience in use of analytics tools to generate customer insights.
- Ability to anticipate changing client organization needs, including the expectations of partners
- Graduate/advanced degree in computer engineering or equivalent degree. Management studies is a plus.
- Banking/insurance experience is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to APA Life Assurance Company Ltd career website on www.linkedin.com to apply