Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will work as a Principle Frontend Engineer within the Technology organization, building world-class internal and customer facing products to support Andela’s business needs.
Our Andelan Principal Engineers are renowned for their technical prowess. They are admired and respected for the depth of their technical expertise and leadership.
- Use your expert knowledge to deliver complex software solutions that will delight our partners around the world.
- Make meaningful and impactful technical decisions with a keen understanding of the operational ramifications.
- Share responsibility for strategically scaling Andela’s systems.
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas, and approaches.
- Provide technical leadership to fast-paced teams, while delivering value, unparalleled enthusiasm, and a relentless commitment to excellence.
- Build great software while continuously learning and expanding your skill set.
What You’ll Bring
All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additional suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework.
A minimum of 6 years professional experience, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Expertise in building modern Angular based Single Page Applications
- Extensive experience working with fundamental front-end languages/technologies, HTML, CSS, Sass (SCSS) framework
- Expertise in design and management of large scale, secure, cloud based software deployment environments
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Extensive experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact
- Deep knowledge of unit/integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Excellent soft skills that enable you to lead and empower your team, and deliver the highest value
- Mentorship experience that helps others in approaching and solving for ambiguous efforts
- Strong understanding of business practices, engineering process, and industry trends
Expertise with the following specific tools:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Frontend UI component library, Angular Material
- Linting tools, ESLint
- Testing frameworks, Jasmine, Karma
- Containerization tools, Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud based CI/CD tools, CircleCI, CodeClimate
What You’ll Get
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role:
We are seeking a transformational, strategic and innovative human to lead and oversee global talent acquisition, operations and analytics for all of Andela’s corporate functions.
This is a highly visible role, reporting into the Head of People, partnering with leadership enterprise-wide and critical to the execution of our long-term business strategy. You will be responsible for optimizing the global talent acquisition strategies, brand building, process improvement and growing the capabilities/efficiencies of our Staff Recruiting team.
You will shape the future of talent acquisition by building a high volume talent acquisition org.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Commercial and Team Leadership
- Cultivate a high-performing recruiting organisation - with an emphasis on building a best in class sales and corporate recruiting team.
- Lead the Staff Recruiting team to hire high quality talent, consistently hitting targets
- Drive initiatives that inspire an insight driven approach to talent acquisition effectively at all levels of the organization across the uniquely cross-cultural Andela environment.
- Create and manage annual and quarterly operational planning process; working collaboratively with cross functional leaders.
- Partner with business leaders to set and drive strategy, goals, process, and metrics.
- Partner with functional leadership to determine workforce planning, talent development strategies with a focus on high quality, cost effectiveness and timely execution.
- Develop and execute a competitive talent strategy that will ensure that the business attracts and hires the exceptional talent for each function
- Establish a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that drives talent acquisition and brand recognition for Andela
- Anticipate emerging talent requirements and proactively developing solutions to meet them and/or head off short-term critical talent shortages.
- Collaborate effectively with our global engineering talent acquisition function to achieve economies of scale and share best practices
Modernize and Optimize Staff Recruiting
- Plan and deploy the infrastructure and architecture of our global staff recruiting engine.
- Design and implement employer branding, recruitment marketing using industry best practice and data driven strategies
Team Leadership & Change Management
- Take an awesome team to the next level - design diverse career paths & growth opportunities for your team.
- Provide direct support and coaching to your team as they help their direct reports through possible transitions and strategy changes
- Ensure quality is priority at all times and enable your team to keep this at the top of their minds
Here’s a bit of who you are:
- You care deeply about quality and people
- You are a futuristic thinker who’s excited to work in a dynamic and truly global environment
- You are comfortable and experienced in executive level stakeholder engagement and strategic leadership.
- You have a proven track record in leading high-performing, high-volume talent acquisition groups and driving cross-functional initiatives.
- You have significant and relevant experience across recruiting and other related talent acquisition/HR roles leading large teams.
- You are a process oriented & data driven leader; passionate about fixing complex operational challenges allowing for greater scalability and global impact.
- You are a structured, logical, and creative thinker with an ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions.
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations.
- You are a credible expert, influencing through a trusted advisor approach
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.