British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
British American Tobacco is looking to hire wonderful colleagues to join us as Process Operators in Nairobi, Kenya.
This role is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a process line. The process operator monitors equipment to ensure the quality, efficiency and safety of the plant. They are also responsible for the safe operation, basic maintenance, and troubleshooting of the equipment and instruments.
- Proficiently operate production lines to achieve set production targets
- Continually check product quality, maintain records and implement preventive and corrective measures.
- Provide engineering skills for effective technical support and maintenance of equipment/processes.
- Maximizing performance from machines/processes through engineering solutions.
- Complete line sheets, maintain PM boards and complete Daily autonomous PM’s activities
- Champion Autonomous Maintenance activities (Cleaning, Inspection, Lubrication, Maintenance Tasks)
- Ensure compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and EHS requirements and uphold these standards
- Makes proactive suggestions about operation methods, processes and increasing performance indicators
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Higher National Diploma or BTEC in an appropriate Engineering Discipline, or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year Production or Process Maintenance Engineering experience in manufacturing organization with GMP standards.
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for an HR Business Partner, Indian Ocean Islands & Tanzania to join our team in Nairobi.
As Business Partner, drive the delivery of the HR-Business aligned focus areas - attracting the best, investing in leaders, leadership for change & empowering the organisation
Facilitate the provision of effective and efficient HR tools, systems, processes & policies whilst ensuring an adequate level of their understanding by employees
Lead and facilitate change, based on initiatives arising from business transformations whilst supporting the business with embedding the desired culture: energised collaborative & agile
Provide professional advice and support to relevant business managers ensuring appropriate people management solutions are delivered
The role will cover 3 countries: Mauritius, La Reunion and Tanzania, but it requires flexibility to support additional markets in line with business growth opportunities
- Deliver the HR-business aligned areas of focus within the markets in scope – attracting the best, investing in leaders, leadership for change, empowering the organisation
- Contribute to business planning activities for the function, identifying and directing HR priorities, ensuring relevant interventions are planned and executed
- Deliver and provide guidance on all people decisions, in order to enhance team performance, motivation & embed the energised, collaborative & agile culture
- Lead and facilitate change and change management interventions timely and with minimal disruptions to business operations
- Deliver on all legacy issues that relate to people timely and in accordance to the employment legislation
- Enhance an optimal business partnership & stakeholder management between Line Managers and HR, ensuring an integrated business approach
- Implement leadership development interventions to ensure that all employees are fully conversant with leadership capabilities and operating at the right passages
- Develop strong networks across functions within and outside East Africa such as Global Based Services [GBS HR] and leverage on synergies to ensure minimum duplication of efforts
- Ensure consistent and regular benchmarking with comparator companies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree holder in any business field with HR post qualification – candidates from other disciplines with relevant experience are encouraged to apply
- 3-5 years of mid-level HR managerial experience within a busy environment
- Spoken & written French language capability is mandatory
- Learning agility, ability to work with minimal supervision and delivery within tight timelines
- Strong influencing, communication & stakeholder management capabilities
- Highly organised, structured in approach, ambitious, courageous and resilient
- Ability to manage pressure and coping with a changing environment
- Project Management skills would be an added advantage
- Experience working with unions, sound knowledge of employment legislation and interpretation of local labour law
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.