Indian Government Scholarships for 52 Kenyan Students
The Government of India through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), is offering fifty two (52) full scholarships for undergraduate, postgraduate degrees and Research for Kenyan students tenable in the Indian Universities/Colleges under the Africa Scholarship Scheme for the Academic year 2019/2020.
- Undergraduate degrees the applicants should be holders of a minimum of B plain (B) in KCSE.
- For Masters degree scholarships, be a holder of at least upper 2nd class honors and must state the source of funding at undergraduate level of study.
- For PhD scholarship be a holder of a very good Masters’ degree and should have proof of support from a prospective supervisor in at least one chosen institution
- All masters and PhD applicants should have served in the public sector for at least two years since last graduation
- Are below 25 years for undergraduate, 35 years for Masters Degree and 45 years for PhD.
All eligible candidates must read and adhere to the following guidelines strictly:
- Students should apply on the ICCR Scholarship portal at: www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in
- A print out of the dully filled and signed application form along with other attachments and a photograph should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education Kenya on the address indicated on No. 7 below.
- Student’s placement to a particular educational Institution/University will depend on the availability of seats and the course that a student chooses. Therefore, before the student fills three choices, he/she must check the Institution/Universities available for the discipline that he/she intends to study.
- In case of scholars pursuing Sciences courses, the expenditure on laboratory, chemicals and other related incidental charges will have to be borne by the students themselves.
- Students applying for BE/B tech courses must have science subjects i.e Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in their secondary school examination certificates, which is mandatory for Engineering courses.
- Students wishing to study performing arts should enclose video/audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
- Submit the hard copy of Preliminary Application form from here and completed online form with certified photocopies of ID, academic/ professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials and a proposal in the area of study through your head of department (Masters and PhD applicants) to the Directorate of University on the address:
Director – University Education, Ministry of Education. P.O. Box 9583 – 00200,
Deliver to Telposta Towers, 27th floor, Room 2702 during working hours between 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- It may be noted that NO admission or scholarship is offered for Medical/Paramedical(Nursing/Physiotherapy/anaesthesia etc)/fashion courses. Similarly the scheme does not offer veterinary sciences or
- pharmacology subjects.
- Priority may be given to candidates applying for higher studies (Postgraduate, M. Phil and PhD courses) and those who have never studied in India before.
- Students are requested to refer to the ICCR website: www.iccrindia.net for the list of the Universities.
- Completed applications should reach the Ministry not later than 29th January, 2019.