Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
About the Role
The people of Wasafiri are brought together for their adventurous spirit, understanding of complex problems and track record of delivering change. We share a relentless optimism for Africa’s future, a hunger to move from dialogue to action, and a desire for excellence.
We are in search of a brilliant and professional Regional Manager who will head our African programmes and operations. In summary, the Regional Manager will help us grow our business, ensure the highest standards of delivery, and manage our Nairobi-based team. Along with operational management responsibilities, we anticipate this person to be able to contribute to the development of new business and support the management of projects.
1. Deepening relationships with our partners and clients - Representing Wasafiri in formal and informal forums and gatherings, forging new networks and strengthening existing relationships.
2. Supporting the development of new business – Identifying new opportunities for Wasafiri’s to grow its contributions in Africa, supporting efforts to generate new business, develop proposals and positioning Wasafiri as a world-class partner.
3. Contributing to the strategic development of Wasafiri Africa – Shaping Wasafiri Africa’s vision and strategic direction, and overseeing the execution of the business plan required to achieve it.
OPERATIONAL & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
4. Providing operational oversight for all our East Africa projects – Working with Project Managers and Project Team Leaders to ensure the highest standards of delivery. Where required, helping initiate and set up new projects, establish project teams and project management processes.
5. Coaching and mentoring Wasafiri Project Managers & Team Leaders – Providing coaching, mentoring and operational support to key project personnel to support high quality project and team management across our portfolio of projects.
6. Managing risk – Ownership for Wasafiri Africa’s risk management framework and processes, ensuring its ongoing review, development and implementation across the portfolio of work.
7. Recruiting, developing and managing our local consultants – Identifying, recruiting and developing a network of professional consultants, and building a vibrant professional community that they are excited to be a part of.
8. Overseeing delivery systems – Overseeing the development and implementation of high quality operational systems and processes to support the effective, scalable and efficient delivery of Wasafiri projects.
9. Managing budgets – Working with Project Managers to oversee project budgets to ensure efficient and robust project financial management. Ensuring the rigorous management of Wasafiri Africa’s operational budget.
10. Managing our Nairobi-based team – Providing oversight, guidance, direction, coaching, support and management of Wasafiri staff based in Kenya.
Who we are looking for
ESSENTIAL PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
STYLE AND APPROACH
The role is full-time based in Nairobi. Wasafiri also has offices in Kigali, Rwanda and Brighton, UK. Some regional travel may be required.
Compensation & Benefits
The position comes with an attractive compensation package based on skills and experience. Further details available for second round applicants.Permanent position, with 3-month trial period and then annual review process to ensure performance and remuneration is acceptable to both parties.
Submission: To apply for the post, please send your CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role to Wasafiri’s Commercial & People Director Kate Simpson [email protected] Please include references, although these will only be contacted with permission. Feel free to get in touch if you require more information about the role.
Closing date for applications: 1 December we will be reviewing applications as they arrive and will appoint once a suitable candidate is identified, early applications prefered. Late applications may be considered.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers