If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
Legal Affairs Manager
SCALE – CRA 4
Roles & Requirements
- In charge of coordination and review of the Constitutional Legal Framework on legislation, rules, regulations, guidelines and proposing amendments where appropriate.
- Develop, review and ensure continued compliance with transparent, clear and implementation of requisite legal reforms.
- Conduct surveys and collect data and information to support amendments of revenue allocation regulations in addition to coordinating stakeholder workshops and xposure sessions.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Commission has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the attention of the Management.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise the Management accordingly.
- Engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely development and where necessary enactment of transparent and efficient laws, rules and regulations.
- Supervising, appraising staff and identifying their training and development requirements.
- Undertake any other duties and assignments as may be required or as may be assigned from time to time by the Commission.
- Master’s Degree in Laws (LLM)
- Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
Experience, Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with over seven (7) years standing and current practising certificate.
- Knowledge of legal drafting, research and legislation.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- Track record on development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risks and penalties.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with laws dealing with government and or commercial contract administration, negotiations, preparation, preparation and execution.
- Possession of good understanding of Constitutional Laws and its operation in Kenya.
- Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through teamwork.
- Excellent Communication, presentation and presentation skills.
- Assertive, result oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Be a person of integrity and effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working in a Policy environment.
- Member of relevant professional body.
Method of Application
Application for the position of ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Note the following changes in the designations:
Assistant Director, Research (Macro/Micro) changes to Manager, Research (Macro/Micro) (CRA 4)
Assistant Director, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis changes to Senior Analyst, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis (CRA 4)
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday
29th March 2018 at 5.00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer