If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Moving The Goalposts is a unique, community-based organization that, since 2002, uses football to empower over nine thousand girls in the rural and urban areas of Coast region. Through playing football, MTG girls discover their confidence and value themselves as strong, capable young women. MTG leagues are youth-led and managed and include girl advocates that promote health sexual choices, financial independence and female leadership. More than nine thousand girls aged 9-25 years participate in MTG’s tournaments and ongoing leagues. Girls are encouraged to take up more leadership roles in their Community. In order for MTG to achieve its objectives, the organisation therefore wishes to fill the position here below:
Reporting to: The Education Health & Livelihoods Team Leader
Job Purpose: The role of the Livelihood intern will be to implement activities in the department which are geared toward the financial independence of MTG girls and young women
- Ensures the formation of field savings group /training the groups on the MTG field saving and loan model, financial literacy and entrepreneurship skills training.
- Build strategic partnership with micro-credit institutions and business-related partners to benefit MTG saving groups and individual out of school girls.
- Follow up and support supervision of individual and group business projects and savings groups.
- Perform regular financial and administrative duties necessary for successful and timely project implementation.
- Organize and oversees training of out of school girls in the business incubation center.
- Prepare timely weekly reports, as well as project briefs, case stories, lessons learnt and other documentation, for the program as required and to enhance program strategy
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Education Health and Livelihood Team Leader, which might reasonably be deemed within the status of the job description.
Qualifications, competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in a business-related field or any other relevant field.
- At least 6 months relevant work experience (working with communities in the areas of entrepreneurship)
- Experience and knowledge on table-banking/savings desirable
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations
The job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Method of Application
Application letter accompanied by a detailed CV to email@example.com on or before 25th May 2018 addressed to the Finance & Admin. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.