If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kwale County is a county in the former Coast Province of Kenya. Its capital is Kwale, although Ukunda is the largest town. The county has a population of 649,931. Kwale is mainly an inland county, but it has coastline south of Mombasa.
The Kwale County Public Service Board is seeking to fill the following positions as indicated below :-
Registered Nurse I (ICU)
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Assessing, planning and implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patients’ outcome; diagnosing common health conditions;
- Providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood illness(IMCI), Integrated Management of Adolescent and Adulthood illness ( IMAI), Immunization and reproductive health.
- Providing health education and counseling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- Referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans
- Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment.
- Collecting and collating data for research,
- Planning, implementing interventions and preparing reports
- Identifying occupational health needs and making appropriate recommendations
Requirements for Appointment
- Served in the grade of Registered Nurse I for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Higher Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Registered Anesthetic Nursing, Kenya Registered Ophthalmology Nursing, Kenya Registered Pediatric Nursing, Kenya
- Registered Critical Care Nursing, Kenya Registered Accident& Emergency Nursing, Kenya Registered Neonatal Nursing, Kenya Registered Nephrology Nursing, Kenya Registered Palliative Nursing, or any other equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
- Registered Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution and,
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Method of Application
All applications should be submitted by MONDAY 21st May 2018 in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the category in which they fall and addressed to
THE Ag. SECRETARY
KWALE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O BOX 4-80403,