If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Office of the Controller of Budget (OCOB) is a Constitutional Office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya to oversee and report on the implementation of the budgets of the National and County Governments to each House of Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant positions
This position is responsible for provision of clerical services. An officer at this level will be deployed in any department to carry out simple duties of clerical nature relating to the area of deployment.
Reporting to the Chief Fiscal Analyst, the officer will be responsible for analyzing the performance of the National /County governments’ budgets and preparation of periodic and adhoc reports.
- Coordinates preparation of quarterly budget implementation reports for the County/National Governments
- Analyses County/National budget implementation reports
- Oversees preparation of annual and adhoc reports for the National/County Governments.
- Conducts macro and micro economic budget analysis and prepares budget analysis reports for the National/County governments.
- Collects and consolidates budget implementation reports for the Counties
- Monitor monthly expenditure returns from the County Government and report on County funds utilization
- Analyse the performance of the County/National Governments’ budgets, monthly expenditure returns and prepare monthly budgets summary reports
- Scrutinize support documents for requisitions and withdrawals from public funds received from Ministries
- Department and Agencies and County Governments
- Analyse annual work plans, procurement plans and cash flows projections for government spending in public institutions
- Conduct macro and micro budget analyses to assess the national economic situation
- Prepare a monthly schedule of all withdrawals form the County Revenue Fund, Consolidated Fund and Equalization Fund
- Dispatch all reports to the appropriate stakeholders on a timely basis and take action/respond to matters raised
- Ensure proper storage and dispatch of reports on timely basis to various stakeholders
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage
- Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA)(K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
- Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Must have at least five (5) years relevant work experience.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good corporate governance
- Team player
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Public Finance Management Act, 2012
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws and government regulations & policies
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service and will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Method of Application
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
- Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
So as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 18TH DECEMBER, 2018 at 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.