If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
Inventory Officer - G4S Kenya
Reporting to the Procurement Manager the Inventory Officer will be responsible for stores management with a view to control the materials in the store.
- Oversee and administer operations of the stores
- Receive, identify and verify supplies
- Provide information to and assists users
- Prevent unauthorized persons entering into the stores
- Maintain the stores department in a tidy manner
- According to requirements and established procedures, arranges stock in the allocated places.
- Inventory Management
- Ensure that the stock neither exceed the maximum level nor go below the minimum level at any point of time.
- Coordinate with user department on stock balances and need for more orders by initiating internal purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock of all regular stores items whenever the stock level of any item of store approaches the minimum limit fixed in respect thereof.
- Ensure that all stores are issued using the inventory management system
- Inspect all material, supplies or equipment that enters the store
- Receive materials into the stores after checking them with the contents of the delivery note and issues a Goods Received Note and prepare documents for accounts payable
- Weigh, measure, check, sample, and keep accurate records on materials, supplies, and other equipment that enters the store.
- Verify the quantity and quality of items they are assigned, checking for defects and recording finding
- Prepare reports on stores inventory levels
- Issuance of stores
- Issue materials against authorised store requisition notes in right quantity of right specification, and at the right time
- Store management
- Employ location coding and stores coding for easy identification of every item of stores
- Protect material from losses due to fire, theft, evaporation, obsolescence etc.
- To check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilferage, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Diploma in Stores Management or related discipline
- Knowledge of goods or materials in assigned storeroom
- Knowledge of stores and stock record keeping systems
- Knowledge of safety precautions pertaining to the work, including toxic and hazardous materials handling and storage
- Knowledge of basic buying and purchasing practices
- Knowledge of inventory principles and practices
- Skill in appropriate use of goods and materials in storeroom
Three to Five years’ of receiving, storing and issuing supplies in stores.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.