Centum is the largest quoted investment company in East Africa with over 38,000 shareholders and have been listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange since 1967. We are both a provider and manager of funds, and positions ourselves as an investment channel through which other investors are able to access diversified investments and management expertise for a superior return. Our portfolio is currently valued in excess of US $ 140 million and consists broadly of investments in private equity, listed equity and real estate. The private equity portfolio is the largest asset class, with notable investments in the Financial and beverage sectors.
Associates in the Advisory Department close mid-sized transactions in East Africa in the KES 500 Million to KES 2 Billion range. He/she leads the conduct of due diligence, the structuring of the transaction, the presentation of the opportunity to the Advisory Committee, the preparation of the information memorandum, lead the transaction roadshows and facilitate the on-boarding of investors. The holder of the role also takes responsibility for ongoing monitoring of current issuers, the performance of their businesses and their compliance with the terms of the investment. The individual is responsible for the performance of live issues to ensure that the underlying investors achieve their target return.
- Assist the Principal to screen potential issuers;
- Lead the commercial due diligence and author a Commercial Due Diligence Report;
- Develop the legal advisor’s scope of work based on the commercial due diligence;
- Work with a legal advisor to develop a Legal Due Diligence Report;
- Lead the development of the transaction structure and author a term sheet;
- Present to and secure Advisory Committee approval for the transaction;
Present to and secure Issuer approval for deal term sheets;
Lead the development of the Information Memorandum;
Organise and lead roadshows for the marketing of the opportunity to investors;
Facilitate the on-boarding of investors to ensure the timely deployment of funds;
Post-close monitoring of the issuer and reporting on the performance of the company to the Advisory Committee;
- To inform the firm about macro-economic trends affecting the firm and making proposals to respond to these factors through macro-economic reports;
To inform the firm about transactions taking place in East Africa through transaction reports;
To inform the firm about changes in tax, legal and regulatory frameworks and making proposals to respond to these changes; and
To continuously deepen the firms’ structuring expertise through providing updates on innovative structures being used globally.
Required Education, Experience And Competencies
- Undergraduate degree with a strong mathematical component
- Level 1 CFA/CAIA
- Actual transaction experience across both debt and equity in an analyst or senior analyst position in East Africa totalling a minimum of KES 2 Billion
- Proficiency in financial modelling, deal structuring, valuation, corporate and project finance
- A deep understanding of capital structure design and restructuring
- Strong leadership skills and ability to provide guidance to team members
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multi-disciplinary deal teams
- Ability to work independently and show initiative; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum three years’ experience in a private equity firm, investment bank or advisory firm.
Application deadline - 24th May 2019
Only shortlisted contacts shall be contacted
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.