The National Environmental Management Authority is established under the Environmental Management and Coordination Act (EMCA) CAP 387, as the principal institute of government in the implementation of environmental policies.
Are you passionate about the environment and want to be part of the conservation world? Then this is the job for you.
Chief Environmental Planning Officer
- Interpreting and implementing human resource management policies, rules, regulations, procedures and systems.
- Analyzing the utilization of human resources in the Authority and advising on proper deployment.
- Participating in recruitment process.
- Undertaking training needs assessment.
- Payroll management.
- Updating the Human Resource Manual and Career Progression Guidelines.
- Coordinating organization development ad job reviews.
- Analyzing disciplinary cases for relevant disciplinary committees.
- Coordinating skills audit and making proposals on human resource planning and succession management.
- Offering counseling services to staff.
- Coordinating implementation of HIV/AIDS, Gender and Disability Mainstreaming Policies.
- Analyzing staff performance and career progression and making appropriate recommendations.
- Supervising general office services.
- Appraising, supervising & developing staff working under him/her.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines :- Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or any other relevant field from a recognized institution; OR
- A degree in social science and a post graduate diploma in any of the following disciplines: -Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relation other relevant field from a recognized institution: AND
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated professional ability, initiative and competence in human resource management.
- Nine (9) years’ working experience in the Human Resource Management field.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge in Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS)
- Leadership skills.
- Conflict/Problem solving skills.
- Counselling skills
Method of Application
All applicants are expected to submit a detailed curriculum vitae indicating current enumeration, current position/grade, expected salary, and contacts on the online platform: link here . Kindly send a hard copy of the application accompanied by copies of certificates, testimonials, detailed CV, Quoting the reference No. om the envelope to the address below by 2nd September 2019.
The Director General
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O Box 67839-00200
Shortlisted Candidates will be expected to fulfill the following requirement by submitting copies of clearance certificates during interviews from:
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Directorate of Criminal Investigations(certificate of good conduct) and;
Credit Reference Bureau