A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO) has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 28 years.
We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses - assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable.
Heritage Supply Chain & Merchandising Manager
- Be the company’s brand ambassador in the hub (Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Speedo, Van Heusen etc)
- Recruit and build a capable, fully functional apparel supply team.
- Manage the driving of the garment development process from inception to sales and the importation of fabric, trims & packaging material from the origin to destination through Time & Action calendars.
- Manage the efficient running of the team in line with the company’s requirements.
- Building transparent and collaborative relationships with the company’s partner garment production factories in Kenya.
- Drive collaboration with internal business partners ensuring close alignment with fabric and trim development, fit evaluation, sales and capacity planning and seasonal demand loading teams.
- Drive the implementation of compliance as it relates to government regulations, health & safety and employee rights as well as to drive sustainability goals of the company with our partner factories.
- Deliver against the garment production service level agreements and cost objectives for the company.
- Work with Supply counter-parts including operations, sourcing, Raw Materials, Technical and Design team, Quality Assurance team, logistics, Corporate Responsibility team.
- Work with external contacts; Vendor i.e., Garment production factories, Fabric, trim and packaging suppliers, service providers i.e. shipping lines, freight forwarders, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Ministry of Labor, NITA, EPZA, Ken Invest etc.
- Ability to influence internal and external resources for exploring newness for the brand. Being initiative to offer new ideas and provide options for brand solutions.
- Ability to manage a team for the brand, needs and collaborate with multicultural, multi-lingual, multi-time zone business partners and get execution of brand strategy in line.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 8 years brand management experience,
- Deep understanding of garment construction and operations within a garment factory,
- Successful onboarding of a new garment factory,
- Successful launch of new apparel product categories in existing manufacturing platforms,
- Apparel cost negotiation,
- Production plan validation and follow up
- Leading, managing and development of garment supply team
- Experience in a global apparel and garment manufacturing environment
- Master’s degree in apparel or fashion technology or related field.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.