In Kenya, SNV is implementing several exciting projects in various counties. The projects are offered administrative and logistical support centrally by the Operations Office which is located in Nairobi. A lot of activities are implemented from field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki and Kakuma. The Operations Office is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions.
The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to SNV Kenya.
Reporting to the Country Finance and Support Services Manager, The Operations Officer will provide logistical and administrative support to the project and non-project teams within the SNV Kenya program at all times: The support role of the Officer will therefore be program focused, but not limited to one particular project or office. S/he will also be expected to provide administrative and logistical support to other new projects and/or locations where/when the program is expanding on a need basis and as requested by the supervisor. The Country Operations Officer will be based in Nairobi, directly ensuring administrative and logistical support pertaining to the country office, which includes office management, ICT and security services and supervises administrative Support Officers responsible for field offices.
The successful Operations Officer will have the ability to maintain high integrity in performing assigned responsibilities and ensure smooth process flow. S/he will have the ability to work with diverse teams, think on his/her feet and solve problems while maintaining a balance between program implementation and compliance with SNV Kenya and donor policies. S/he will be an experienced master coordinator.
Logistics and travel:
- Supervising drivers located at the Nairobi Office directly;
- Coordinating logistics and travel for visitors and staff;
- Managing SNV Kenya’s vehicles, ensuring that all are safe and road-worthy, have proper on-board vehicle documentation, and separate vehicle files;
- Scheduling vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs by maintaining vehicle daily movement board;
- Overseeing and ensuring proper use of the vehicles by overseeing fuel consumption, purchase and tracking including coordination with filling station(s);
- Ensuring that records, including maintenance, repairs and mileage overviews, are kept for all the cars and ensure that vehicle log books are maintained;
- Organizing regular service schedules for vehicles, maintaining service schedule files and ensuring major repairs are done in a timely manner;
- Collecting Vehicle Service Requests from driver(s) and submitting for approval;
- Ensuring that security incident reports are completed and filed (if related to vehicles);
Office And Accommodation Management
- Manage stock of office supplies, office equipment and furniture;
- Allocating SNV owned laptops, mobile phones, data modems etc including maintaining an up-to-date register;
- Ensuring that logistics staff track renewal of insurance and licenses for SNV-owned vehicles and instigate the procedure for getting documents renewed in a timely manner;
- Maintaining office and equipment to ensure a safe and clean working environment;
- Managing annual service contracts, rental agreements for international assignment staff and offices and insurances.
Safety And Security
- Ensure safety and security standards are in place on all SNV premises;
- Ensure quality and quantity of fire marshals and first aiders;
- Organize safety and security drills periodically;
- Coordinate safety and security committee.
Ensuring provision of outsourced IT services that meets staff needs and requirements
- Ensuring that government related documents/requirements like permits and licenses are obtained timely.
- Reports Directly To: Country Finance and Support Services Manager (CFSSM).
- Works Directly With: The Project teams, Finance team and Operations team
Drivers in Nairobi (Directly), Support Officers responsible for other SNV Offices, Outsourced service providers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a related discipline.
- Professional qualification and certification in Office Management or Procurement and Supply Chain from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- 4 – 5 years relevant experience in operational coordination and support functions with an international non-governmental organisation.
- Demonstrated hands on application of and support on procurement process and procedures.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to multitask, follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Willingness to learn SNVs systems and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to travel to field locations and operate comfortably in these areas.
- Experience with SAP will be an advantage.
Contract duration : 1 year with possibility of extension.
Expected start date : January 2020.