Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Our purpose is to unlock value in Africa. We use our analytical capabilities to improve decision-making and, through better decisions, to unlock substantial value for our clients and society. While we are the largest economics-based consulting firm in Africa, we use a large number of techniques and approaches to achieve clarity for decision-makers.
This role as a Behavioural Economist/Scientist provides an opportunity for someone with 2-3 years experience in the field to take the next step in their career. Joining our global consultancy will provide you the space to develop your specialist knowledge and skills within a range of different real-world contexts and the support to apply your understanding, passion, and curiosity regarding human behaviour.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting proposals for client requirements, including work programmes and budgeting.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients.
- Project managing the delivery of programmes of work, including liaison with colleagues across the business and external consultants/contractors.
- Setting up and leading on meetings with potential clients, demonstrating the utility of behavioural science and behavioural economics in achieving client objectives.
- Providing BS/BE guidance and support to colleagues across the business.
- Stakeholder management.
- Manage projects, generate sound advice and provide quality assistance to clients - use skills and experience to break down difficult problems into tractable component parts and identify practical ways to resolve each component.
- Developing, delivering, and evaluating internal and external training.
- Identifying and securing new business through strategic marketing, proposal development etc.
- Introducing and communicating behavioural economics research and concepts to clients.
- Conducting primary and secondary research.
We are looking for a passionate behavioural economist/scientist with a strong foundational knowledge in behaviour change and associated methodologies, and experience applying this knowledge to commercial projects. You’ll be someone who is adept at designing and delivering training on key behaviour change methodologies, concepts, and tools.
Your specialist skills will be complemented by relevant broader skills and experience in problem solving, research and analysis, flexibility and adaptability, client relations, business acumen, and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. You will have high attention to detail, excellent communication and engagement skills, be self-sufficient and a self-starter, and able to work as part of a multicultural team. You must be able and willing to travel nationally and internationally.
It is essential that the successful candidate has:
- Strong academic background with a minimum of postgraduate degree in a Behavioural Science related field (e.g., psychology, sociology, behavioural economics).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the application of behavioural science knowledge and skills within a commercial setting, such as consultancy.
- Confidence in designing, implementing, and evaluating evidence-based behaviour change interventions using appropriate behaviour change frameworks, including COM-B, EAST, and MINDSPACE.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, including primary and secondary research and analysis.
- Experience in designing and delivering training.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills, including acting as a trusted advisor.
- Experience building and managing behaviour change projects from inception to close.
- Experience in identifying and securing business by selling consultancy services.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written) is required.
It is desirable that the successful candidate has:
- A Masters Degree in a Behavioural Science related field.
- Experience in delivering coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in designing and delivering training in behavioural science/behavioural economics.
- Experience in behavioural diagnosis, behaviour mapping, systems mapping, customer journey mapping, and customer segmentation.
- Experience working with/within the financial services sector.
- Experience working with/within the pharmaceutical sector.
- Proficiency in use of design (Figma, Photoshop) or statistical software (SPSS, STATA. R).