Advanced University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or equivalent/relevant professional experience combined with a university degree in a related field
- Proven experience in developing communication strategies
- Proven experience in professional writing
- General ability to draft ideas and concepts, clearly and concisely, in written and oral form; specific skills in writing press releases and articles/stories for traditional and electronic media
- Proven ability to research, analyse, evaluate and synthesize information
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Solid media contacts and the knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research, and the role of mass media
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and have a strong understanding of UNICEF programmes
- Knowledge of computer systems, internet navigation and various office applications, specifically interactive digital media (video editing)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
- A minimum of six years’ relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast media or interactive digital media, including experience covering children’s issues for a child rights organisation such as UNICEF.
Competencies: Professionalism, drive for results, communications and working with people are core competencies required for the assignment.
Languages required: English is required
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.