DEPARTMENT: Economic Inclusion
SUPERVISOR: Program Director, HIAS Kenya
START DATE: 15th September 2022
END DATE: 14th September 2023 with a possibility of renewal subject to availability of funds and performance
The Economic Inclusion Program Manager oversees the overall running of the Economic Inclusion & livelihood integration program objectives of the organization. S/he will be responsible for the overall implementation and daily running of the Economic Inclusion programs and objectives of HIAS, lead project cycle management, proposal development and program strategy - ensuring the successful implementation and completion of all activities, relevance and responsiveness of the activities to priority humanitarian needs in the assigned areas of operation.
- Provide leadership, management and technical direction of HIAS Kenya Economic inclusion programming.
- Contribute to designing, planning and implementing HIAS livelihood activities which, include, but not limited to trainings on livelihood opportunities, financial education, poverty alleviation programs worker’s rights, access to finance, and cash programming.
- Facilitate refugees access to employment - both formal and informal sectors, including working with the private sector to raise awareness on refugee rights and support safe employment networks, to enable refugees find safe and dignified job opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of concept notes, and fundraising proposals as needed.
- Assist in the identification and engagement of strong local partners for potential program synergies and future opportunities.
- Manage relevant projects and ensure the distribution of multipurpose cash assistance are conducted in a safe and accountable manner.
- Uphold the highest standard of confidentiality when managing records to ensure beneficiary dignity and privacy.
- Ensure that key learnings during project implementation are captured and used in future project design.
- Lead in the production of quality and timely reports on program activities as required.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports to the Head of Programs, including accurate figures of distributions/referrals done and challenges encountered, in the agreed format
- Ensure that all project documents (including from previous implementation periods) are available, accurate, and archived in soft and hard copy according to HIAS procedures
- Representation and coordination:
- Develop, coordinate and strengthen relationships with local partners, stakeholders and communities to maintain trust in HIAS’s professional standard and quality of work among all stakeholders.
- Represent HIAS externally at the site level in relation to Economic Inclusion project activities, and other livelihoods coordination fora with other agencies.
- Ensure coordination with other INGOs, government bodies and other HIAS technical departments (Protection, GBV, Psychosocial Support).
- Advocate with private sector companies on the economic inclusion of HIAS clients.
- Operations and Budget Management
- Contribute to the effective implementation of operations support activities related to Livelihoods Programme, including related to administration, finances and logistics, to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Provide inputs to ensure effective and efficient utilization of livelihoods program resources through monitoring and tracking of expenditures against budgets.
- Staff management, training & Capacity development:
- Train livelihoods program staff in various technical areas through internal or external facilitation, including formal and informal interactions.
- Contribute to the timely performance & development management measures for the livelihoods program staff, including appraisals and remedial actions.
- Conduct other tasks as may be required.
- Coordinate with the HQ technical team on programs implementation, training, best practices and any other aspect related to the program implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, Social Sciences, International development, or other relevant fields
- Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, international development, economics or any other relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience within the field of livelihoods in humanitarian work.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations including refugees and asylum seekers on economic inclusion work.
- Experience implementing the livelihood approaches used in humanitarian programming including the graduation model approach, Entrepreneurship school with a gender lens, poverty alleviation programs mentoring refugees on livelihood interventions; will be an added advantage.
- Experience of preparing successful funding proposals for donors.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of Accountability to affected populations and Prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
- A high level of written and spoken English
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required or permanent location. Location is subject to change based on programmatic needs. Flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, changing work environment with many crucial deadlines. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours of responsibilities as needed.
Please submit a cover letter and resume through the link below
quoting the position title: Economic Inclusion Program Manager on the subject on or before 5.00pm 24th August 2022.
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.
Interested and qualified? Go to HIAS on hias.hrmdirect.com