Please Note that you will be required to have a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance as part of the selection process.
Reporting to : Support Services Manager
Grade Level : 13
Purpose of Position
Provide overall supervisory of the World Vision Kenya fleet ensuring promotion of efficiency and effective business process that increase fleet values and benefit through timely and effective fleet planning, selection, right sizing, operation and retirement in a manner that promotes continuous improvement and innovation in line with WV’s standards and guidelines and ensures alignment with applicable Government policies and strategies. In order to perform this role effectively, the position holder must be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate World Vision’s Christian ethos, values and strategies as outlined in Our Promise.
Fleet Management 50%
- Ensure effective utilization of WVK Fleet through proper planning and itinerary management
- Undertake technical evaluation of fleet needs as per policy and procedures.
- Continuously review fleet policy and procedures and ensure its enforcement
- Provide day to day supervisory to fleet needs and operation.
- Work with regional drivers and ensure all vehicles expenses are loaded to fleet management system.
- Develop and measure fleet KPI continuously to a certain efficiency
- Create and maintain fleet inventory in the FMS with all relevant documents for easy access and retrieval.
- Customize fleet procurement as informed by terrain around WVK program area.
- Continuously promote technology to enhance fleet efficiency
- Coordinate selection, Procurement, installation and management of fleet tracking devices for effective operations.
- Automate and standardize fleet fuelling with good controls that are informative.
- Ensure that all vehicle have specific fueling cards with tags with specified parameters and fuel utilization monitored for efficiency and to avoid any incidences of fraud or wastage
- Facilitate procurement of Insurance for all vehicle and motor bikes
- Advice management on vehicle replacement and disposal
- Ensure timely payment of Fleet Service Providers
- Support Regional liaison officers and all drivers on the technical vehicle needs ensuring efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure compliance of all policies and standards by all drivers
- Ensure proper records and reporting for all vehicles and journeys made
Fleet Maintenance 25%
- Ensure that the organization engages reputable service providers to conduct fleet maintenance
- Liaise with all service providers to ensure that they provide effective and efficient services
- Carry out technical evaluation of service, maintenance and repairs quotations from suppliers
- Monitor and evaluate insurance repairs and reduce lead time
Team Management and Supervisory 20%
- Provide supervisory services to all drivers at the National office and remotely in the field through their line managers ensuring that qualified drivers are recruited, understand their role and deliver as required
- Establish robust facilitation schedule and assign tasks to drivers to ensure staff and visitors are facilitated to perform their duties accordingly
- Conduct technical capacity assessment of drivers based on the common trend of incidence and parts replacement
- Identify capacity gaps and conduct training to ensure all drivers are performing at optimal levels of competence
- Undertake product training on new vehicle systems
- Conduct fleet safety training to mitigate accident
- Equip drivers with relevant tools and equipment’s to support service delivery
- Expose drivers to international events.
- Respond to all technical drivers demands on fleet as they experience with the aim of increasing their vehicle knowledge
- Ensure all driver have all documentation required and approved logs for all vehicle movements
- Participate in committee & Task forces requiring security input or guidance.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor or designee
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in automotive engineering or transport & logistics a related field from a recognized institution coupled with 8 years’ experience or a degree in automotive engineering, Operations, or related field with 7 years’ experience
- A degree in transport, logistic or operations management or related field is an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in fleet management three of which must be in supervisory levelValid driving license with class A, B, C and E
- Training in defensive driving from a recognized institution
- Training in First Aid
- Computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite
- Ability to conduct minor motor vehicle diagnosis and trouble shoot
- Knowledge of transport regulatory acts/Law
- Business oriented mind set
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable
- Excellent communication skills
- Networking and influencing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- Valid Driving license
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Automobile Association of Kenya competence certification.
- Occupational Trade Test II for drivers
- Current Certificate of Police clearance
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of modern vehicles
- Experience in supervision skills, including training, mentoring and supporting staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
- Emotional and spiritual maturity and ability to lead a team of professionals.
- Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.