Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
The Global Director: Global Centre, Regional and Support Office Audits supports the Chief Audit Executive in providing strategic leadership to Global Internal Audit (GIA). Being a member of the GIA Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the position is responsible for providing reasonable assurance to key stakeholders, including Partnership Leaders and Executive Leadership etc., regarding the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls to mitigate risk that threatens the organization's ability to implement its strategy and achieve its objectives at all levels across the partnership, including compliance with government and donor requirements.
This role will to lead the implementation of GIA's vision and strategic initiatives in each Support Office, Regional Office and Global Centre Department, focusing on the implementation of risk-based integrated audits in those offices and department and also on the partnership thematic audits. This position will contribute to Global Internal Audit’s (GIA) mission of providing WVI management independent assurance on the adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance systems by:
- Directing audits of WV entities using the risk-based integrated audit (RBIA) approach to identify assess and provide recommendations to address the major risks that threaten the organizations ability to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Providing strategic leadership to the GIA team through effective team management to achieve objectives and strong stakeholder engagement.
- Provide leadership on audit automation and real time audit information through paperless audits.
- Ensuring that GIA's services are rendered in accordance with the IIA Standards, GIA's Charter and WVIs policies and procedures to establish audit team members as trusted advisors within the Partnership.
- Promoting good stewardship over funding received among key stakeholders of audited entities to ensure alignment with donor and partnership objectives, expectations and requirements
The role of the Global Director also plays a key role in the GIA SLT and actively contributes to GIA strategy and operations by:
- Fully understanding GIA’s mandate and executing agreed strategies in collaboration with GIA’s SLT.
- Collaborating with and maintain mutually respectful relationships with key stakeholders including Support Offices, and their external audit providers, GC Finance and Governance teams.
- Build credibility, reliability and engagement both externally and internally for GIA to be a Trusted Advisor.
- Developing, and delivering, the GCIA’s three-year audit plan, through collaboration with stakeholders, to ensure coverage of key identified risk areas.
- Ensuring good stewardship and use of available resources, both financial and personnel.
- Ensure adequate competency and capacity within GCIA to meet not only the demands of Audit but also produce Audit Leaders through capacity building and talent management programs.
Leadership and oversight of the GC Internal Audit (IA) team:
- Provide strategic leadership to the GC IA team in supporting and enhancing audit assignments and balancing empowerment with mutual accountability.
- Evaluate the structure and job designs of the GC IA team, the existing resources and implement improvements to optimize performance, promote staff development and succession planning.
- Actively drive a culture of unity, inclusion and trust.
- Care for the spiritual, emotional and mental wellbeing of the team emphasizing reliance on God.
Strategic Leadership & Stakeholder Engagement
The primary role of this position is to provide strategic leadership to the internal audit team ensuring alignment with GIA’s vision and to build and strengthen strategic partnership with key stakeholders and then engage with those stakeholders to ensure outcomes are met effectively. This will include the following:
- Working closely with the CAE to develop a three-year risk-based GC Audit Plan, and coordinating the dissemination and revision of the audit plan, as well as proper allocation of resources, with all necessary stakeholders.
- Building strong relationships while serving as a trusted strategic partner to key stakeholders, including the CAE, SOs, regional leadership (RLs and SDOs), and by providing guidance on the implementation of strategy, governance and internal controls
- Creating effective linkages, collaborative relationships, and dynamic networks with Support Office colleagues, WVI partners, and partnership leaders to represent and promote GIA department’s services
- Providing leadership in the form of technical and administrative support to the GIA team as they develop and discuss the engagement plan with business owners and key stakeholders
- Performing other special assignments and duties as required by the CAE such as managing consulting engagements, organizing training events, or presenting departmental findings to external stakeholders, and participating in GIA management meetings
Operational Risk Management & Quality Assurance
This role will monitor key risks while working to ensure performance outcomes are achieved by doing the following:
- Delivering the approved three-year risk-based GC Audit Plan,
- Keeping the CAE abreast of all significant findings as they arise in the field, particularly on issues of suspected fraud and/or potential significant reputational impact to the Partnership
- Managing the technical work of GC and local auditors involved in Global Centre, Regional and Support Office Audits, ensuring that the planned engagement is implemented appropriately and that all documentation and procedures are completed in a timely fashion and meet GIA quality standards.
- Developing the Terms of Reference for all local auditors who are seconded to Global Centre, Regional and Support office audit to perform specific assignments while remotely supervising field engagements
- Audits of Global Centre functions, Regional and Support Office
- Provide direction and lead implementation of risk-based integrated audits of Global Centre functions, Regional and Support Offices.
- Implementation of Partnership-wide thematic audits
- Provide direction and lead implementation of risk-based integrated thematic audits.
- Ensure the delivery of timely, accurate, complete and reliable periodic reports to Partnership leaders and the ARC while proactively advising other key stakeholders through working groups and advisory teams.
Talent and Knowledge Management & Capacity Building
The Global Director, GC Audits will be active in the recruitment, coordination, and supervision of the audit team responsible for each engagement, as well as through the development of structured knowledge management practices, in the following ways:
- Lead, manage, and mentor direct reports and other WVI audit colleagues
- Ensure accomplishment of the team business/work plan, objectives and targets as related to achieving GCIA’s main goals by setting high standards.
- Developing/updating job descriptions as well as in identifying the best candidates to be hired as new GC auditors.
- Identifying the best course of action to follow in case of a team member whose performance falls consistently below expectations or whose behaviour becomes inconsistent with the WVI and the IIA standards and Codes of Conduct.
- Authorizing/Approving a variety of transactions for supervised staff including Performance Agreements, trip itineraries, expense reports, vacation requests, telecommuting agreements, etc., to ensure appropriate guidelines are followed.
- Ensure work-life balance is achieved through appropriate allocation of workload for GCA staff having a good productivity analysis.
Managing the knowledge generated by the GC audit team and adjusting audit procedures and tools accordingly through a sustained effort to simplify processes and understand customer needs, goals, and expectations.
- Cultivating a workplace environment that motivates team members to provide feedback on weaknesses or areas for improvement, and creates a Christ-centred audit environment that reinforces spiritual development throughout the team.
- Managing the professional and individual development of GC auditors by providing feedback after each audit engagement and ensuring adequate training/coaching opportunities exist for continual improvement.
- Provide opportunities for and support of the professional development of internal auditors, including the completion of annual continuing professional education (CPE) requirements to maintain certification(s), and ensure that all auditors are well equipped to carry out their audit responsibilities in a Christ-focused internal audit environment.
- At least 7 years’ experience at Director level or above in a combination of internal audit, public accounting or financial management.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of functional linkages.
- Ability to interact and/or manage cross-functional teams (Operations/Finance) to assist in the creation of integrated system requirements and provide control expertise.
- Experience in leading and managing virtual and cross-cultural teams to produce quality outputs under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and concurrent deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to provide on-the-job training to teams.
- Solid team-building and interpersonal skills.
Must have Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and Certified Risk Management and Assessment (CRMA), desired
- Ability to use strategic/critical thinking and apply insightful analysis to proactively enhance WV’s operations, and address complex challenges systemically and anticipate future requirements.
- Good knowledge of World Vision’s structure, regulations and operations.
- Experience in delivering quality output under conflicting pressures.
- Comfortable in developing structure from uncertainty Lead, mentor and challenge the team to high performance.
- Excellent communication skills and with a strong track record of mutually respectful and accountable relationships with all stakeholders.