Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance a...
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers - the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
- The Head of Supply Chain Management is responsible for maximizing efficiency and effectiveness of department in responding to procurement and logistics needs and in implementing the supply chain strategy to deliver value to internal clients by optimizing costs throughout the product life cycle and proactive supplier management. The role is also responsible for maximizing the efficiency of the logistics to achieve the highest level of customer service at optimal operating cost.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
Supply Chain Management Leadership
- Reviewing the procurement & logistics strategy and process, adopting the appropriate organization, procedures and tools that guarantee and improve performance.
- Develop and manage the procurement department including setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Implementation of the Procurement & Logistics Strategy across the company to deliver target benefits and financial savings including approving each category manager’s purchase category strategy and savings plans
- Engage support and agreement for the strategy from key stakeholders so that implementation and compliance are optimal;
- promote the effective management of suppliers to sustain value throughout the life of the contract
- Establish new processes and systems for effective procurement and logistics management across the company; develop and implement an e-Procurement vision.
Supplier Performance Management
- Responsible for supplier performance evaluation and monitoring
- Provide support to business functions in managing the contract execution and ensuring compliance with contractual SLA and KPI’s
- Manage supplier dispute resolutions
- Manage the supplier satisfaction survey process
Contract Negotiation & Management
- Plans procurement strategies and conducts negotiations
- Negotiates agreements to support total business requirements rather than focusing on lowest-price options
- Engages and collaborates with Legal department appropriately for contract database management.
- Creates various types of contracts or agreements that can be used to accomplish the bank’s commercial & technical goals
- Develops standard form contracts for local contracts
Warehouse & Inventory Management
- Reviewing and improving the logistics processes, selecting and adopting appropriate tools that guarantee improved performance.
- Managing the interface between the business (internal stakeholders) and the logistic service provider
- Ensuring the SLA between the internal customers and the logistic supplier as per the process description, guaranteeing delivery as per the delivery orders.
- Cooperating with the Sourcing department in order to insure a constant goods traceability from PO to Warehouse delivery
- Inventory level optimization with the concerned departments for working capital reduction
- To keep track of loan material / returnable material / faulty material Inventory control,
- Ensuring availability of Material through best-practice inventory management implementation
- Warehouses space utilization optimization
- Contract management with warehousing service provider and ensuring adherence to SLAs and KPIs
- ERP update and month end closure
- Complete compliance to all processes
- Security of Material and warehouse
Logistics & Asset Management
- Delivery of all Capex and Opex related Items
- Arrangement of inbound and outbound (where required)
- Repair, Return and Insurance of items Kitting, De-kitting and bundling of items
- Manage and coordinate custom clearance of imported consignments.
- Value Engineering and Leverage economies of scale for buying by clubbing requirement (e.g. shipment consolidation)
- Monitoring & reviews of all critical activities
- Logistics Planning and Cost Control Asset tracking, utilization and disposal
Supplier Relationship Management
- Payment processing for warehousing service providers, transporters & customs clearing agents to ensure timely payment to vendors.
- Effective follow up & liaison with vendors for timely availability of material
- Ensuring timely feedback/ response to Queries
- Closely coordinating between End user and Vendor
Budgeting & Reporting
- Develop a savings reporting mechanism with Finance which is understood and accepted by the user departments.
- Produce regular reports on performance by Procurement & Logistics department and provide comprehensive management information and in-depth analysis when requested including spend analysis, savings secured and potential savings – for forecast and budgets
- Develop and execute annual departmental cost optimization targets for the annual Budget process;
- Reporting weekly KPIs on the Logistics inbound, outbound activity
- Ensuring that the Procurement & Logistics team receives the motivation, training and development, coaching and guidance to enable them to keep abreast of latest developments and achieve their maximum contribution.
- Proven skills and experience in Supply Chain Management
- Extensive experience in Procurement, Warehouse, Logistics and supply chain management, managing 3rd party service providers is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement systems or ERP and Microsoft Office is necessary
Key Critical Competencies
- High level of integrity
- Proactive and self-driven
- Emphasis on personal growth and development
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- A positive, “can do” attitude
- Customer focused
- Business strategy awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- Academic requirement – University Degree with MBA as an added advantage.
- Professional qualification (e.g. CIPS) is an added advantage
- Length of minimum Procurement & Logistics experience – 10 years’ experience
- Length of minimum management experience – 5 Years