TGL is currently planning to recruit personnel for two projects comprising warehouse and inventory support services in Mali and Somalia. The service scope includes Warehouse and Yard management, Mechanical Handling Equipment services, including Inventory Planning and Control.
Overall, the contracts require highly specialized international teams, who are well versed in Warehouse and Inventory management and have the leadership acumen to lead cross-functional and multinational teams.
Summary of Position
TGL is looking for highly specialized recruitment and talent sourcing specialists with experience supporting the supply chain management domain's human resource needs, particularly Warehouse, Inventory, and Yard management services.
The Human Resource Consultant, the appointee, shall be responsible for the following 15 Key International Personnel that consists of Africans, Asians and Europeans:
- Project Manager
- Inventory Managers
- Warehouse Managers
- Quality and Compliance Managers
- Health and Safety Officers
- Yard Managers
- SAP Compliance officers
- HR Managers
- Conduct a preliminary assessment of each division's scope of requirements and needs, including the technical, managerial, and contextual requirements.
- Develop Job Descriptions for the various positions, namely Project Manager, Inventory
- Manager, Warehouse Manager, SAP compliance officer, Health and Safety Manager,
- Quality and Compliance Manager, HR manager, and Yard Manager.
- Provide end to end recruitment support services involving:
- The Identification of Personnel, as per the attached list of positions.
- Undertake rigorous vetting, screening, and evaluation to ascertain that they meet each division's mandatory criteria.
- Provide the market salary range and salary benchmark determining what the the market is paying for regarding the skillsets, education, geographic location of the position, and any other factors that can affect the job's pay.
- Undertake reference checks and contact three previous employers the proposed staff have worked for.
- Undertake a technical assessment of the candidates through setting up technical evaluation questions and assignments based on the role.
- Undertake behavioural assessment through psychometric tools.
- Undertake end to end interviews.
- Prepare the incoming staff for placement and handover to the TGL project manager and legal firm to sign contractual agreements.
Terms of Consultancy
Transparency and accountability: The consultant should adhere to the highest professional standards and carry out due diligence to faithfully carry out the set deliverables.
Should act in favour of the TGL requirements and pledge to adhere to fairness and equality in the screening, vetting, and recruitment process.
Should not canvass work and job opportunities for individuals whom they have worked within similar fields or other areas.
Confidentiality: The consultant shall not disclose any information about the assignment to other parties other than for the sole purpose of facilitating the requirement of the assignment. An elaborate Non-Disclosure agreement shall be shared.
- Must be a member of IHRM.
- Master's Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Must have 7 years of progressive experience working as the lead Human Resource manager/consultant for prominent international logistics and supply chain management firms.
- Must have an understanding of working in remote locations and life camp settings.
- Must have access to an international database of CVs in significant supply chain divisions such as the Warehouse, Inventory, and Yard departments to filter down best fit candidates. Provide evidence and proof of access to the database.
- Must have a track record providing placements similar to the TGL recruitment requirements and specifications for existing companies' personnel.
Duration of Assignment: 1 to 2 months.
Duty Station: Nairobi office.
Remuneration: to be discussed during interviews.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.