The Information Systems Intern is responsible for providing daily maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and support to various County Health Facilities during the implementation of Health Service Delivery System. The Information Systems Intern will provide direct service and support to the facilities end users. Additionally, system deployment, user support and training, user acceptance tests, and PC support will be a core portion of the Information Systems Intern duties.
The Information Communication Technology Intern is responsible for providing daily maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and support of facilities’ printers, laptops, PC’s, and the entire network. The ICT Intern will provide direct service and support to the health facility end users.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED AS NEEDED
- Provide direct support for technology end users in rural Health Facilities.
- Assist and provide support for projects on implementation, upgrade or support of new or existing software per the direction of the Principal ICT Officer.
- Help the IT Team to document all core systems configurations, and all relevant and system access requirements.
- Assist the IT Team to backup and restore Microsoft SQL databases, and schedule database maintenance tasks as needed.
- Serve as first point of call on issues pertaining to HealthIT staff on login issues, PC repair and maintenance software, and laptop problems.
- Assist end users to troubleshoot and resolve issues with network copiers and printers, as well as stand-alone devices
- Participate in regular training activities related to Health Service Delivery system.
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to vendors through consultation with the Principal ICT Officer assigned to report to.
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Degree or Diploma in any of the following; IT/ICT/Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Business Information Systems.
- A minimum of 1year of IT experience or equivalent formal training.
- In -Depth Knowledge and skills in PC repair, network troubleshooting and maintenance techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Beginner knowledge of server systems to include windows server 2012.
- Entry-level knowledge of networking skills including wireless, firewalls, routers, switches, and access points
- Knowledge of document management and scanning software helpful.
Skills or Ability:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to assist staff in resolving issues regarding daily electronics use
Note: All applications should be submitted on or before Thursday 16th February, 2023 by 4:30Pm in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the category (position) which they
fall and addressed to:-
The Board Secretary
Kwale County Public Service Board
P.O BOX 4 -80403
Posted or hand delivered at the Kwale County Public Service Board Offices next to Kwale District Hospital and opposite Baraza Park – Kwale Town.
Applicants must attach copies the following documents:-
- National Identity Card
- Academic and professional certificates
- Leaving certificates and other testimonials
All applicants submitting their applications through hand delivery should be on face masks and adhere to health protocols like keeping social distance and washing their hands.