WHAT IS THE ROLE
Luminate is seeking a collaborative, solutions-oriented IT Support Analyst. The IT department is looking to expand the team to help with service delivery and be able to offer technical support across multiple time zones. The IT Support Analyst will provide technical support services, troubleshooting, and world-class customer service for our global organisation. The role has a built-in career path that will allow the analyst to grow consistently as they reach new goals along the way. As per the nature of IT work, some activities will require contribution outside of core office hours. The IT Support Analyst will ideally be based in Nairobi, Kenya, although other locations may be considered.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Technical Support for Endpoints (laptops, tablets, smartphones, AV equipment)
- Laptop Build Management, setting up smartphones
- Delivery of an extensive IT Onboarding for New Joiners
- Be part of various IT projects, including assisting with new office setups and relocations
- Serve as the site contact for local service providers
- Manage Cloud based services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SECaaS)
- Manage Telephony and various Communication Platforms
- Maintaining and inspecting network connectivity and data availability
- Perform Systems Administration and Management of Productivity Systems, Software and Hardware
- Identify and assist the Head of Technology with updating software & systems and increasing efficiency of our platforms
Security and Integrity
- Endpoint Security and Reporting (Antivirus, Encryption, Data Loss Protection)
- Conduct security audits via web analysis and penetration testing
- Identify and assist the Head of Technology with increasing the security of our systems
- Conduct regular system and service audits
- Keeping an accurate record of IT Assets
Policy & Communications
- Assist in improvements of IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Facilitate and moderate secure Virtual Meetings, some with external participants
- Contribute to content for IT Newsletters
- Provide general administrative support, including taking concise minutes of IT team meetings and keeping an accurate IT action log
- Transferring knowledge and skills to others within the department and end users, ensuring that all relevant documentation is in place and updated
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Ideally, you are:
Technical. This is just who you are. You love all things tech and the passion for technology extends beyond your work commitments.
Keen and Fast Learner. You have the self-initiative to constantly learn new things, follow new developments in the media and technical journals/forums. At the same time, you are always looking to improve and are keen to extend your formal IT Professional qualifications.
Accurate. You are accurate with the data, checklists, in your written and verbal communications and you don’t make assumptions. You have the ability to find inconsistencies and challenge what does not sound reasonable.
Honest. At Luminate, we value honesty and transparency. In the event of making a mistake, you must be willing to own up to it as soon as possible without any fear, so you can avoid unnecessary damage to the Organization. You will be fully supported so that yourself and the IT Team can learn and improve.
Service Minded. You work on the basis of ‘no surprises’, keeping your line manager informed of new risks and dissatisfaction expressed by users or cyber security issue. You deliver the End User Support as you would expect to receive it yourself – with excellence!
Accountable and Responsible. You have the ability to manage 3rd party Service Providers, Resource Channels and Consultants/Contractors in local and international locations.
Willing to Travel. Locally and internationally to other office locations (in normal times, after easing of Covid-19 pandemic restrictions).
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
The following attributes are essential requirements for the role:
- Accreditation in one or more information related technology
- Experience in Systems Administration and Management of IT systems or equivalent role
- Proficient understanding of Cloud Platforms; Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure and Platform as a Service (IaaS/PaaS) and Security as a Service (SECaaS)
- Proven proficiency in multiple IT Platforms ranging from Desktop to Server (Windows, Unix) and especially Apple products (macOS, iOS)
- Comprehensive understanding of computing hardware assembly, upgrades and optimization
- Proficient understanding of networks local and wide area (LAN and WAN), and hybrid infrastructure
- Proven proficiency in multiple Software Platforms ranging from Communications to Document Storage to Productivity technologies including but not limited to (Apple, Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Email and Groupware Technology, Audio Visual Technology design and implementation)
- Good level of English, spoken and written, to be able to engage professionally with different stakeholders
The following attributes are highly desirable but not essential:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Decision Sciences or equivalent
- Proven understanding of Directory services including Active and Open Directory
- Proficient understanding of website technologies, Content Management Systems and site security/hardening
- Familiar with Redundancy and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Thorough understanding of Security concepts including secure communications, zero knowledge services, OS and hardware hardening techniques