We are looking for a dynamic individual with a management consulting background who is passionate about the digital economy to join our C0DE team as a Manager.
The Centre of Digital Excellence (C0DE) at Genesis is focused on technology innovation and the opportunities it provides for drastically improving the development potential of African nations. This work is aimed at supporting developing economies to forge new tech-enabled pathways to inclusive growth:
- We co-create national and sector tech strategies for harnessing digital and emerging technologies and work with governments and their social partners to implement them
- We work with a range of partners to develop digital tools and solutions that enable opportunities for improving job creation, government service delivery and human capital development
- We work with international development agencies, public sector organisations and digital businesses to identify forward-looking tech policy and regulations that enable the scaling of digital business models and protect individuals from potential risks.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a management consulting background who is passionate about the digital economy to join our C0DE team as a Manager. You will design and execute assignments focused on digital economy development for our government, donor and corporate clients. You will manage small teams of Genesis staff and be the primary point of contact for clients.
The successful candidate must have a background in management consulting with an understanding of how to scope, execute and manage consulting assignments. This includes business development for winning consulting assignment, managing the activities and outputs of junior team members, and engaging with clients.
They will also have experience in digital economy development as opposed to enterprise digital transformation experience – tech policy and regulation, national digital skills development, digital infrastructure and inclusion, digitally traded services, tech solutions in agriculture, healthcare, etc.
The candidate can be located in Johannesburg, Nairobi, Lagos or London but must be willing to travel for assignments and spend some time at the Genesis head office in Johannesburg.
Education, knowledge, skills, experience and personal competencies:
- 4-6 years of experience essential
- At least 4 years of management consulting experience
- At least two years of experience in digital economy development
- Experience in the development of national and sector economic strategies beneficial
- Master’s degree in Economics or related discipline
- Ability to travel
- Project management abilities
- Strong problem solver and critical thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage small teams
Please Take Note: Applications made via LinkedIn or EMail submission will not be reviewed. PLEASE read the entire requirements to understand how and where to apply. ***
- Please follow the online application process on the career’s portal of the Genesis website
- We use an automated applicant tracking system in order to receive and manage all applications in one central point, and for this reason, we also do not accept any e-mailed CV’s or applications
- Once you have applied via our career portal, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was received, and your application will be reviewed within a few days of receipt
- NOTE: Please be advised that uploaded documents/attachments cannot bigger than 4MB in total, as the system will not accept your application if the uploaded documents exceed 4MB
- Applications can only be made online – no other means of application will be accepted
- Relevant previous experience is essential
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only - if you do not receive any feedback on your application within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised role
- All appointments will be made in line with Genesis Analytics’ Employment Equity Plan and Policies
- All applications will be treated confidentially
Interested and qualified? Go to Genesis Analytics on genesis.mcidirecthire.com