Tana Water Works Development Agency (TWWWDA) is one of the eight Water Works Agencies created under the Ministry of Water and Sanitation following the enactment of the Water Act (2016). TWWDA covers 31 Subcounties of Nyeri, Kirinyaga, Embu, Tharaka-Nithi and Meru covering an area of 19,169km2 with a population of 4,238,469 (2009 census).The estimated figu...
Read more about this company
Manager Engineering, Technical Planning
The Manager is responsible for coordinating, overseeing, executing and assisting in all technical matters related to technical planning, design and implementation of water and sanitation services so as to ensure access to safe water to all stakeholders in the Agency Area.
Duties and responsibilities entail;
- Planning and coordinating preparation and implementation of the Agency’s quality management system;
- Organizing and coordinating development of concept notes and project proposals;
- Evaluate and verify divisional employee’s performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques;
- Coordinate development of engineering calculations, diagrams and technical reports
- Enforcing specifications compliance with drawings, conditions of contracts, quality control, and approvals;
- Coordinating preparation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Reports ensuring that they are submitted to the relevant institutions for approval;
- Co-ordinate designing and development of appropriate and cost-effective models for water and sanitation infrastructure;
- Co-ordinate preparation of Technical planning and design of water works infrastructure;
- Co-ordinate preparation of technical specifications and project tender documents;
- Ensure reports on quality assurance findings and recommendations are implemented;
- Co-ordinate preparation of plans with detailed drawings that include project specifications and cost estimates;
- Manage assigned projects from start to finish;
- Prepare work plans and budget for the division;
- Supervise project teams & Performance appraisal of staff in the division; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have: -
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience.
- Bachelor of science degree in Civil or Water Engineering or Bio-systems and Agricultural engineering (majoring in water resources and supplies) or related field from a recognized university.
- Registered Engineer.
- Professional qualification and membership.
- Leadership course from a recognized institution.
- Management course from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
- Masters degree in the above mentioned Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and skills
- Supervisory skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the title on both the envelope and the cover letter. Attach a detailed and up to date curriculum vitae, telephone contacts and three referees together with copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and testimonials.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Sealed envelope can be hand delivered to TWWDA Human Resource Office or sent by a registered mail to the following address:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
TANA WATER WORKS DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
MAJI HOUSE ALONG BADEN POWELL ROAD
P.O BOX 1292 - 10100
so as to reach him not later than 22nd November, 2021 at 5.00PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tana Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.