This role will be conducted by a senior brand OR sales talent, who will be responsible for the delivery of all marketing programs and projects.
The talent shall manage all marketing suppliers, supplier agreements, marketing contracts and track all payments.
The talent is also responsible for tracking all brand health KPIs, brand excellence at site and market share reports.
The talent will work in collaboration with other internal stakeholders to deliver all company partnerships.
Overall, this role talent will support the brand managers in executing brand campaigns, through data, planning, reporting and
managing the suppliers.
- Responsible for the training of all staff on the Shell brand
- Execute 100% compliance of Shell RVIE brand standards at all Shell stations i.e. both engineering related and branding
- Track and report Shell brand –Kenya, brand health scores
Implementation of marketing campaigns
- Ensuring all suppliers have a signed off list of deliverables
- Developing a Gannt chart OR a project plan, together with the brand manager
- Hold meetings with all stakeholders for effective execution of the plan.
- Anticipate and Communicate any changes that will affect the outcome of the project.
Management of OPEX & SP&A budgets
- Set-up relevant structures & processes to enable efficient management of the budgets.
- Track on a monthly basis the expenses incurred in the two budgets and share reports, give feedback and reallocate amounts to the correct accounts where necessary.
- Leverage knowledge of business, category and brand marketing strategy into actionable marketing strategies and plans to deliver against the company’s business objectives.
- Plan and manage the marketing budget for the OU
- Involvement in the development of the company’s long term planning that identifies new business opportunities, markets and partners.
- Participating in negotiations to ensure value money on the budgets.
- Track the payments and accruals of SP&A, to suppliers.
- Participate in Supplier Management & Partnerships
- Develop and monitor all reports that the department is to provide. Track the reports schedule regularly to ensure 100% delivery.
- Create and share monthly reports to the Country Marketing Manager that will include but not limited to OPEX, SP&A, BPF and Industry Insights.
- Periodically share market intelligence reports from agencies such as IPSOS
- Works closely with other portfolios in the department in sharing the Business Review meeting monthly report and take part in the performance and planning meeting.
- Compile quarterly market share report and share to the business with insights.
- Manage the Brand Protection fund to ensure we meet the group target and send quarterly reports to SBI.
- Share competitor analysis reports for the Kenyan market that will assist in developing plans or changing strategy.
- Manage and evaluate the ROI process for each campaign
- Maintain marketing records
Payments and accruals
- Develop systems and processes that will create a flow in the payment process and accountability.
- Manages payments on a day to day activities associated with the marketing departments to ensure that payments for work done are paid off within required period.
- Works in-sync with internal stakeholders in the financial process to remove any gaps that will stimulate inefficiency in the payment process.
- Manage all payment details for the department including quotations and rate cards that will assist in the process.
- Send accrual reports to the finance department at the end of every month so as to accrue payments that were not paid off in the previous months.
Supplier Management & Partnerships
- Once a supplier has been firmed up, handle and develop the marketing supplier contracts.
- Manages suppliers by taking them through the company’s HSSE policies, financial processes, providing a checklist based on the agreement and managing the deliverables.
- Takes lead in negotiations of tenders and supplier partnerships. This will be done through working hand-in-hand with the Contracts & Procurement department.
- In-Charge of conducting supplier quarterly reviews.
- Manage partnerships and take part in all the necessary activities.
- Media planning: Develop and execute the media plan for all marketing. This includes digital, billboards, station branding and long term radio adverts
- The individual needs to work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the department operates efficiently.
- An intensive role, which requires many hours in the office and out of office. Travelling is also part of this role.
- Will need to work effectively with internal staff and with other VE staff.
- Manage financial processes and ensure implementation of programs.
- Driving differentiation, identifying and exploiting ways to increase brand value.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- Category knowledge in Analysis, financial processes and marketing intelligence
- Generating Insights
- Strategic Marketing & Planning
- Good understanding of the contracts and procurement process.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams in both leadership and member roles.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Analysis skills to not only present data but also summarize the findings and propose recommendations for future improvement.
- One must possess strong interpersonal skills and is a relationship builder.
- Must have a style that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization.
- Must be a business leader and a calculated risk taker.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strategic thinker and creative marketer.
- Results oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.