Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
We provide all your Human Resource Services to allow you to focus on your core mandate
DEPARTMENT: Planning – IDIQ (SEHP)
POSITION REPORT TO: Foreman, Carpenter
Lays building materials, such as brick, structural tile, concrete/cinder, glass, gypsum, and terra cotta block to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches, sewers, and other structures.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Foreman.
- Reads and interprets instructions and documentation and plans work activities.
- Measures distance from reference points and marks guidelines on working surface to lay out work.
- Spreads soft bed (layer) of mortar that serves as base and binder for block, using the trowel.
- Applies mortar to the end of the block and position the block in the mortar bed.
- Taps block with the trowel to level, align, and embed in mortar, allowing the specified thickness of the joint.
- Removes excess mortar from the face of the block, using the trowel.
- Finishes mortar between brick/block with a pointing tool or trowel.
- Breaks bricks/blocks to fit spaces too small for whole brick/block, using the edge of a trowel or brick hammer.
- Determines vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using plumb bob, gauge line, and level.
- Fastens brick or terra cotta veneer to the face of structures, with tie wires embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick.
- May weld metal parts to steel structural members.
- May apply plaster to walls and ceiling, using the trowel, to complete repair work.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Pours in place and finishes concrete according to industry standards and approved AHA.
- Sets, mortars, and grouts various types of tiles.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up/housekeeping activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, and professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter, and trash in all working facilities and areas.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor-provided property (e.g., including government facilities, equipment, and tools).
- Responsible for the precise execution of Company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheets.
- Responsible to perform all assigned duties as safely and efficiently as possible to maintain a safe work environment.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- General knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the masonry trade.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and policies regarding the maintenance of masonry equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material, and follow engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, diagnose and resolve problems, and use hand and power tools.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission and project requirements.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid Professional Driver’s License
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
- Any masonry certification/s is highly desired.
- Must be at least High School, Vocational or Technical course Graduate.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience in the masonry field and formwork/concrete construction labor work experience.
Basic terms of the job offer.
- Assignment Duration: 12 months. Renewal subject to performance and project status.
- Base Monthly Salary: 48 hours per week minimum work requirement: $510.00 (based on 48 hr. work week requirement)
- Working schedule: 48 hours per week (8 hours per day/6 days a week)
- Payroll period: Monthly. Amount give take home.
- Overtime: Work more than 8 hours per day or work performed on a rest day and/or holiday,
will be paid as overtime at the base salary rate.
- Accommodations: Housing, transportation, meals in-country, and laundry facilities are provided
- Sick Leave: Employee will accrue 2.67 hours of sick leave for each full month of service, beginning with the completion of the first full month of Foreign Service employment.
- Annual leave Up to 21 days paid at the end of each 12-month contract.
- Travel will be provided by the employer to the employee’s home country.
- Project Holidays: 10 paid holidays. New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, President’s Day, Philippine Independence Day, USA Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Your Passport must be valid for at least 12 months, with at least 6 total blank visa pages remaining.
- Your driver’s license must be valid for at least 6 months (unless processing for a CDL-required position, which will require 12 months remaining).
- Updated covid vaccination certificate
- Medical exam report at a date to be advised.