Forty Four (44) Positions
[Anesthesiologists (4 posts), Gynecologists (6 posts), ENT- Surgeons (3 posts), Physicians (4 posts), General Surgeons (5 posts), Orthopedics Surgeons (2 posts), Neonatologists (2 posts), Neurologists (2 posts), Ophthalmologists (2 posts), Pediatricians (4 posts), Pathologists (2 posts), Psychiatrists (2 posts), Radiologists (3 posts), Dermatologists (2 posts), and Nephrologist (1 post)]
Salary Scale Kshs. 87,360 – 121,430 p.m. (CSG7)
House Allowance Ksh. 45,000p.m
Commuter Allowance KShs.12, 000p.m.
Leave Allowance: As existing in the Civil Service
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Three (3) years contract
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the Medical field in the wider public service or private sector;
- a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B Ch.B) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters Degree in the relevant field of specialization or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- a Valid Practicing license by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board; and
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- undertaking general diagnosis, care, treatment and rehabilitation of patients;
- carrying out Specialized clinical care;
- providing psycho-social interventions;
- providing clinical services to patients;
- training, consulting and performing surgeries in various health facilities;
- carrying out forensic and medico-legal services;
- coordinating disease surveillance, prevention and control;
- coordinating health education and promotion;
- implementing health projects and programs;
- maintaining up-to date health information systems;
- monitoring provision of health treatment and care;
- undertaking health research; and
- analyzing medical reports
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution - Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 1st November, 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
Interested and qualified? Go to Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK) on www.psckjobs.go.ke