Direct Supervisor: CVI Representative ESAF
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
Mission of the position:
The mission of the Member Support Advisor is to complement and support the operationalizing of the CVI Rep. Office. It contributes toward effective interaction, coordination, collaboration and partnership between GSC, PSAs and MAs. It also supports the strategic organizational growth and development, affiliation and good governance of MAs within ESAF. The Member Support Advisor supports and advise the strategy development and management of cluster MAs. The role contributes to good governance in cluster Mas as well as coordinating the daily operation link for standard and non-standard information/data flow between PSA, GSC and MAs. The role support in capacity building and development of boards, NDs and Mas management teams’ .In addition the role support the CVI Representative in all interactions with MAs, PSAs and the GSC; upon request of the CVI Representative, the MSA replaces the CVI Representative in meetings and also represents line management issues in MA National Management Tea
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Advise MAs in making key strategic decisions during planning processing in general and particularly during planning workshop.
- Support MAs to undertake strategy planning (long term & midterm) and annual planning processes. This require GMA to ensure MAs received all the necessary support in the different phases of the planning process: pre-planning workshops, during planning workshop and post-planning workshop activities to ensure plans are received on time with all the quality requirements. It also includes supporting the MA to improve their planning process in terms of quality inputs, process and output.
- During strategy and annual planning processes, ensure that MAs remain aligned to the strategic direction and standards of the federation. This required guidance on the content and intent of strategy, policy, quality standards and guidelines of the federation.
- Support the CVI Representative and MAs in the planning dialogue with PSA (e.g. preparing dialogue sheets and providing key inputs for the dialogue)
- Ensure the link between planning and budgeting.
- Support the linking of needs and funds by providing the necessary content information
- Support the management of PSA portfolios by providing the necessary content information
- Coordinate the IOR functional support to the MA during the planning process.
Monitoring, Reviewing and Evaluation
- Periodically and/or up on need, gathering and analysing information/data from various sources on different key strategic areas (KSA) and key operational areas (KOA) and based on key performance indicators (KPIs) to provide the CVI rep with management reports on progress and challenge and thus informs decision making and steering at regional and MA levels. This will in turn helps to ensure MAs strategic alignment, effectiveness, efficiency and accountability. This will also include advice in cooperation with functions on measures to be taken in case of deviations and/or underperformance.
- Support MAs’ strategic monitoring, reviewing and evaluation process in close collaboration with the MAs Planning & Reviewing Coordinators/M&E Coordinators.
- Coordinate the IOR’s support and follow up on the fulfilment of the international and regional actions. Assist in monitoring and reporting on progress of Sustainable Path strategy (through SPIF monitoring & reporting tool).
- Have an overview of external financial audit of MAs; and reviewing internal organizational audits of MAs and follow up on the development and implementation of action plan to close gaps.
- Monitor MA data and general performance indicators across all the functions.
Capacity Building of MAs
- Provide supporting the capacity building of boards by providing standard tool for self-evaluation. Up on request, through orientations on strategy, policies and standards.
- Providing quality inputs in the performance management of National Directors (e.g. providing quality feedback during PAT of NDs).
- Supporting MAs to build capacity on strategy development and implementation (e.g. building MAs competences to improve quality of planning process).
- Implement and give first level user support for MAs for the SOS controlling system LUCY for the modules Construction, Monitoring & Reporting and Linking Needs & Funds.
Information, reporting and coordination
- Support the information and general coordination process between MAs, PSA, IO and IOR by providing information and general coordination of services and contact requested. This includes compiling and processing MA-specific, non-standardized information, which cannot be covered through existing documents/ databases (InfoHub), flow from MA to IO (e.g. extensions/re-innovation, incidents occurred in programmes regarding beneficiaries or co-workers, non-compliance with the Code of Conduct (apart from child protection issues), unfavorable legal disputes for the organization).
- Facilitate and support the exchange between CVI Representative and IOR functions and follow up on their agreements; upon request of the CVI Representative, replace the CVI Representative in meetings and during annual leaves as temporary stand-in.
- Coordinate the expertise of IOR functions with the support needs of MAs.
- Provide administration and general service to the CVI Representative in all aspects of the CVI Representative role related to MAs and the interaction of the CVI Representative with the region.
- Collect, check and forward standard reports to PSAs, IO and IOR-Strategy Advisor (e.g. Annual Report, MA Annual Plan Review Reports) including technical handling of database entry.
- Coordinate with MAs for miscellaneous requests from PSAs and other MAs (e.g. business travel requests, information/data request for donors, exchange visits between MAs) and prepare non-standard special reports.
- Project management support in public funding and construction projects to MAs and PSAs (e.g. funds flow, reporting, audits, as per guideline)
- Coordinate the approvals at IOR level for project ideas, project concepts and proposals in collaboration with function advisors.
- Support MAs to exchange and learn their knowledge and good practices to promote cooperation and solidarity.
Requirements – Knowledge, experience, skills and competencies:
- A Graduate with postgraduate qualification in project planning, Development Studies and management, M&E and /or Masters in relevant field.
- Relevant five (5) years’ work experience in international programme development with networking and partnership experience with government, child rights and other organizations.
- Knowledge of strategic and financial planning as well as stakeholder servicing and management.
- Good consulting, analytical and critical thinking skills, organized and results driven
- In depth knowledge of excel, PowerPoint, good knowledge of outlook.
- Positive, energetic self-starter with high level of personal drive and resilience.
- Ability to function as a team player with strong cooperation and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of written and spoken French is a requirement
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications