Duties and responsibilities will entail: -
- Preparing and overseeing implementation of human resource strategies, policies, procedures, programmes, work plans and budgets;
- Establishing and managing an efficient and effective, professional and sustainable human resource system;
- Overseeing and managing performance management and incentive systems;
- Coordinating, Monitoring and evaluating staff training and development programmes;
- Ensuring implementation of computerized human resources management infrastructure;
- Managing all industrial relations issues;
- Participating in the appraisal of staff in the department;
- Supervising staff in the department;
- Guiding members of staff by providing human resource advice and analyze information relating to staffs for decision making;
- Advising the management of legal implications of human resource issues related to disciplinary and employee grievances, transfers, and redeployment;
- Overseeing the security functions at KIPPRA by liaising with the stakeholders on a need basis;
- Monitoring the general maintenance of KIPPRA's installations, grounds and offices;
- Ensuring development and adherence to maintenance schedules;
- Ensuring that general office services, transport and messenger services are provided efficiently by monitoring the utilization of resources and addressing shortages promptly;
- Coordinating human resource management activities; and
- Assisting in managing the day-to-day operations of the department.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Diploma Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development or Industrial Relations, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- At least six (6) years’ experiences in Human Resource and Administration;
- Experience in using computerized Human Resource applications;
- Active full membership of IHRM;
- Computer Skills; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
The public is notified of the following:
Detailed job descriptions, requirements, and how to apply are available on the website https://recruit.kippra.or.ke/
All applications MUST be received on or before 28th February 2023 by 5:00 pm.
KIPPRA is an equal-opportunity employer. Persons with disability, females, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply.
There are NO fees charged by KIPPRA for any application for these positions.
Canvassing for any of these positions will result in the disqualification of the candidate.
Applicants who applied previously for the readvertised positions are encouraged to apply.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews.
- National Identity Card.
- Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts.
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials.
- Memberships to relevant professional bodies and associations (where applicable).
- Evidence of publications where required.
- Recommendation letter (s).
The Successful candidates and will be required to avail the following documents.
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board.
- Clearance from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate).
- Printed Online Self-Declaration Application Acknowledgement Receipt or aself-Declaration Form duly stamped by the Ethics and Anti-CorruptionCommission.
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate).
- Clearance from a Registered Credit Reference Bureau.Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, copies of certificates & testimonials,
- and duly filled personal data form which can be downloaded from the Institute’s website. All applications should be sent through the recruitment portal (link provided in section 1 abovand in the event of challenges submit the applications in soft copy via email: email@example.com
Applications to be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road,
P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City
Square, Tel: 2719933/4, Fax 2719951
Late applications will not be accepted, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.